Brother is moving to Denver area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother is moving to Denver area

We're driving up right now in his truck and trailer and we were wondering what's colorados modded vehicle laws? Are they like California's or none like Arizona. He's running a straight pipe and hids on his low beams on his truck.

He will be working for wagner in aurora, and will be looking for an apartment the next week; any suggestions?

He will be taking my e30 eventually up there. Time will tell.
    1985 BMW 325e
    1997 BMW M3/4/5
    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Straight pipes won't pass emissions. I'm not sure about light laws, my low beams ar HID's as well. I'm sure they won't pass a light inspection.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Well, he's a douche for having HIDs in non-projector housings. Every fucking truck with HIDs that didn't come with them from the factory fucking blinds everyone on the road.

As far as modded vehicle laws, as long as you're not being a toolbag and making it absurdly obvious you'll be ok.

But honestly, punch your brother in the balls for having HIDs in the truck's reflector low beams, that shit is right at eye level and is annoying as fuck.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Inspection is emissions and now they are getting cranky on dash lights on...check engine, abs, etc. They check for a cat. They don't do any other inspections besides that, or at least they never have for any of my cars. The cops don't care about modded cars.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
          But honestly, punch your brother in the balls for having HIDs in the truck's reflector low beams, that shit is right at eye level and is annoying as fuck.
          Especially in a lowered car :|

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

The good news is that in Aurora, he'll fit in with every other douche with straight pipes and HIDs.

Not saying your brother is a douche, but a car does say much about one's character.

Comment

There are laws about modifying suspension and such but, like everyone else said, they could care less.

Comment

Currently rocking hids in the fogs too. He has cats, just no muffler. His truck is 06 so when would he need to do emissions.

I'm not sure if he plans on living in aurora.

He isn't a douche, kinda pissy though.
                1985 BMW 325e
                1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

So double the asshole.

His truck will need to be emission tested as soon as he moves, I think the window is 30ish days after you become a resident, and then every two years thereafter.

Unless it's a diesel....weird rules for those. It'd still need testing tho.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Run the truck as it is until the tags are going to expire, put cat, pass emission test, remove cat.... live like a...... well most rednecks around here don't give a crap about it and run straight pipes everywhere ... hids wont be a problem either... I just hate aurora, so beware of cops.
                    sigpic
                    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                    " enjoy the show "

Comment

if it has a cat you are fine. Mufflers aren't required.

Don't mind the HID hate. It is annoying, true, but really a big truck behind me will blind me regardless of whether it has HIDs or not. HIDs just make it more intense.

Comment

Checked out green valley ranch and and aurora..... Fuck those shit holes; he will work there but not live there. Do love arvada though, I think he's too poor to live there.
                        1985 BMW 325e
                        1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
                          Checked out green valley ranch and and aurora..... Fuck those shit holes; he will work there but not live there. Do love arvada though, I think he's too poor to live there.
                          Arvada isn't bad at all. But yeah, as you get closer to the mtns, it gets more expensive.

Comment

I dont give a shit if he doesn't have a muffler, or HIDs in his lows. Just as long as he registers his car in Colorado, and pays fees to keep CO roads paved and cleared. Unlike most of the douche fucks who move here from Arizona, Texas, and California who move here, and drive on expired plates for two years, and then decide its too cold here and leave. Mean while destroying our mountains, and fucking up the traffic in the winter because they dont know how to drive in snow.

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
                              Yep...out east sucks.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                              X