Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to borrow 17mm hex in Rhode Island

Hey,

Does anybody have a 17mm hex driver/allen key that they can let me borrow for a few hours? I want to change my gearbox oil and this is the only thing holding me back.

I'm in North Kingstown, RI.

Thanks
    www.slapdashracing.com

Could make your own, Get a 17mm hex key from autozone cut it down with a sawzall and put the straight piece in a socket.

That's what I did it was cheap.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Use any random bolt with a 17mm head, such as a wheel bolt. Grab the bolt threads with vice grips and wa-la! If you use a wheel bolt, don't re-install in the wheel 'cause the threads will be torn up. Good luck.
      "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Right on. Thanks for the tips! Going to attempt tomorrow morning.

Cheers!
        www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

To add on to the wheel bolt idea: if you have a grinder flatten out 2 sides of the bolt threads so you can grip it better.
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
            To add on to the wheel bolt idea: if you have a grinder flatten out 2 sides of the bolt threads so you can grip it better.
            Hey, since you're in Rhode Island, you can lend a spare wheel bolt with the threads pre-ground to the OP!
            "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
              Hey, since you're in Rhode Island, you can lend a spare wheel bolt with the threads pre-ground to the OP!
              And it's the smallest state so the OP can't be more than, what, 5 minutes down the road? ;)

Comment

Yes, RI is the smallest state, 50 miles end to end. At E30 speeds, that's about 40-45 minutes from Massachusetts to Connecticut. What's OP stand for?
                www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

original poster = u
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I tried using a wheel bolt and a set of Vise Grips, and that didn't work too well. I was going to grind some flats into it, but then I guess my mind wandered to other things.

So, I went to Auto Zone and picked up a cheap set of 14, 15 and 17mm 1/2" drive sockets for like $10.

Originally posted by whysimon
                    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Hmm... My local Auto Zone didn't have those sizes and neither did NAPA. But now that I think about it, there's a Harbor Freight nearby...
                      www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

they should have it halfway down the tool isle they should have great neck or duralast both lifetime so just get the cheap one if they didnt have it tell them to order more its a normal store stock thing

Comment

Right on. Thanks!
                          www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

if u go in a give them shit telling them u had 2 make a bunch of trips and/or tell them u had to drive all around and ask them for the courtesy discount its 10%

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
                              LOL you don't watch family guy
                              gigady gigady goo!

(OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO) ///Motorsport
                              In this world, things aren't black & white. Its Delphin!

Parts, Buy Them--> http://picasaweb.google.com/transatl...eat=directlink

Snowboard & video game stuff --> http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=148645

Originally posted by Steve92E34
                              Your car is breathing my air, and so are you.
                              AND you are both still slow

Comment

Working...
                              X