I need hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need hardware!

Hey guys, looking for hardware for an s50 engine. I need to bolt the engine arms to the engine, bolts for the UUC pressure plate (and the sleeves, brackets for the intake manifold, nuts and bolts for the intake manifold; if it bolts to the engine, I need hardware for it (alternator, harmonic balancer, water pump, a/c, transmission to the engine).

I've reached out to a few people, and I allegedly had some coming in the mail to me for over a week from another member but no dice. I'm hustling around now because my car is taken apart at some one elses garage and he wants it out. If you have some extra kicking around, or know of a local junkyard with e36s (I'm going to try to go tomorrow) please let me know, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Also, I did place an order with Bav, but most of the stuff is on order and the prices on some of the bolts is obnoxious.

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
    Hey guys, looking for hardware for an s50 engine. I need to bolt the engine arms to the engine, bolts for the UUC pressure plate (and the sleeves, brackets for the intake manifold, nuts and bolts for the intake manifold; if it bolts to the engine, I need hardware for it (alternator, harmonic balancer, water pump, a/c, transmission to the engine).

I've reached out to a few people, and I allegedly had some coming in the mail to me for over a week from another member but no dice. I'm hustling around now because my car is taken apart at some one elses garage and he wants it out. If you have some extra kicking around, or know of a local junkyard with e36s (I'm going to try to go tomorrow) please let me know, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Also, I did place an order with Bav, but most of the stuff is on order and the prices on some of the bolts is obnoxious.
    Everett's auto in brockton has more e36's than any single other car in their yard. Try there, otherwise, I had to buy most of what you mentioned from bavauto. A much cheaper alternative for intake manifold studs is a M8x1.0 rod cut to lengths.

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Pete for simple stuff like this have you tried Eurodepot. They have a semi bad rap but maybe if you call and then swing in and pick up simple bolts maybe they have a bench stock of various hardware or give Brian or Jim a call at J&G Technik or drop Levent a line at Gutten Parts Service.

If the local cops weren't bugging me for my "Russian Chop Shop" I'd be parting another one.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
        Pete for simple stuff like this have you tried Eurodepot. They have a semi bad rap but maybe if you call and then swing in and pick up simple bolts maybe they have a bench stock of various hardware or give Brian or Jim a call at J&G Technik or drop Levent a line at Gutten Parts Service.

If the local cops weren't bugging me for my "Russian Chop Shop" I'd be parting another one.
        I need to know more about this, I had the local cops hasseling me too when my dad picked up his e28.

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

It's called nosy neighbors
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Thanks dudes, I ended up schooling myself on hardware one night, in order to make sure I was using the appropriate strength bolt/nut for the application. Advanced Auto Parts carries 10-12 grade stuff, but not enough of it. I ended up getting a lot of bolts from Loews that were 8.8 strength, which is a common grade throughout the car.

I didn't even think about EuroDepot...I bought a couple of parts from them recently too.

Comment

Working...
            X