No announcement yet.

CT e30s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car had an erratic idle when I first bought it. Replaced a bunch of things until the TPS finally fixed it.
    86Zinno

Comment

yanal, any chance your buddy has a smoke machine and will let us use it for a fee? I was also thinking about adjusting/testing my tps which I may need help with. I know I can take it apart..

Comment

Sorry I didn't notice you replied, and no he doesn't, now beside idling rough, does it run fine ? Any lose of power ?
        Sticky:True e36 one touch windows DIY

1990 M3
        1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

It seems to be running fine, if there's a power loss I haven't noticed it. I did get a speeding ticket this weekend :( I've replaced so many things looking for the answer and no luck yet haha I'd be down to meet up if you think you may be able to figure it out

Comment

random question. how is the e30 scene out around hartford area ???
            my wife might get a job out there and i was just wondering?
            thanks

Comment

It's not as crazy as it is other places but there are a ton around. We're close to NH where a lot of shows and good E30 boneyards are. Good luck in the Hartford area!

Comment

I honestly can't make any promises, I just sold my 325, and my other E30's don't have m20 in them so I can't even swap parts, I had one couple of years ago that idled funny and it wasn't as powerful, I changed the timing belt and it worked fine.

And sadly we aren't really active up here in Hartford, but there are a lot of them in Springfield mass, 15 minutes up north
                Sticky:True e36 one touch windows DIY

1990 M3
                1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to diagnosing.. I've just been replacing parts. Do you have a multimeter? Want to help a guy test the sensors from the ECU/DME? Plus you can take it for a spin and tell me if it's not running as nice as yours was.

I did the timing in the fall, I don't guarantee I did it perfectly. Is there a way to test it?

Comment

Like Jizo, I'm at the opposite end of the state from you. I am in westfield ma but have a decent amount of crude like Brian. Except the lift situation.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I did the TPS now the stomp test works but it still doesn't run right.. Ahh

Comment

Well atleast there are some of you guys out there. In Albuquerque there are like 10 members 5 of which I have never met or seen and 1 is my best friend and 1 is my cousin and three other friends. Who I never see lol. It's like we are on an island in the desert ya know

Comment

im in the hartford area as well. i see a few e30s here nd there.

Comment

Working...
                          X