Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body shop in or around RI, good with E30s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body shop in or around RI, good with E30s.

Just got rear ended today. It looks fixable, Ill know within the week.

Any good body shops around here? That know anything about E30s. its gonna need quarter panel work :/

Thanks in advanced. Thinking of taking it to F&S in Mass.
    1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
    1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
    1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
    1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

No Tim!!!
    www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

I've been putting time in at a body shop for the last few years, mainly to work on my car. Tim, the owner is very familiar with the e30 at this point.

Comment

Pics?
        www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

Also interested in a body shop, so open to recommendations - not looking to go immediately, but I'd like new sheetmetal in my rear quarter on one side.

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

Lindburgs
            -His-
            87 e30 325i
            87 e24 m6
            05 e83 x3
            94 e32 740i 5spd
            -Hers-
            89 e30 325i
            18 f48 x1

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread, but curious on two things:

1.) Did the OP ever go to F&S
              2.) How reasonable is Lindburg's on non-insurance work?

I went to Lindburg's when my Si got rear-ended; did great work. But someone else's insurance was footing the bill.

Need rust/bondo repair, primarily.
              Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=254176

Comment

Havnt gone to get it fixed. Tho Theo told me my car is completely fixable . And with that I was an idiot and spent all the money I Got from Insurance on an s50 swap . There's a dude called "Boston Jimmy" whom I've heard great things about . Alot of people on NE30 talking of him
                1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                  Havnt gone to get it fixed. Tho Theo told me my car is completely fixable . And with that I was an idiot and spent all the money I Got from Insurance on an s50 swap . There's a dude called "Boston Jimmy" whom I've heard great things about . Alot of people on NE30 talking of him
                  As have I. My big thing though is that I want to be able to drop in and check the car out on a fairly regular basis.

Maybe I'm weird, but I just like being able to lay my eyes on it throughout the week(s) that it's being worked on.
                  Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=254176

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                    he's actually doing my car right now, I had a shopping list of rust I really wanted to have done

- drive side floorpan welded in and painted/undercoated
                    - rear floor pan (both sides) welded in and painted/undercoated
                    - rear wheel arch replaced/repaired/repainted
                    - rocker panel replaced/repainted

here's a sample from the rocker panel part:

If you end up at the meet next weekend I'm trying to bring my e30 if you want to check out his work

Originally posted by K20RI_211 View Post
                    As have I. My big thing though is that I want to be able to drop in and check the car out on a fairly regular basis.

Maybe I'm weird, but I just like being able to lay my eyes on it throughout the week(s) that it's being worked on.
                    I mean, you can I'd imagine, he's pretty cool to hang out with and puts up with all of my questions - I can't imagine anybody is worse

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

jimmy just finished some repairs and a spray on my girls e30, we'll probably drive it to the meet next week and you can check it out.

Comment

I have my Ti undergoing some rust repairs right now local to me. Guy is an exceptional craftsman. He restores WW II aircraft and does many 60-70's chrysler muscle cars. He had just finished a 71 hemi cuda convertible when my car went in.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Jimmy has my car right now. He's doing some pretty extensive rust repair/old track damage on the undercarriage in addition to a full respray. He's been great to work with, very responsive and his rates are very fair.

I think he's worked on like 6 or 7 e30s now. He even had panels already in the shop to cut up for the floor repairs! Cars not done yet, but so far I would recommend him highly. He's not doing insurance jobs, all custom/customer paid stuff.

Find his shop on Facebook - Boston Underground.
                          1989 e30 M3

Comment

my Ti is coming home soon.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                            X