Anyone rent garage space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone rent garage space?

Curious if any city dwellers (I'm in Boston) rent garage space and what your experience has been? I came up here for school and haven't left, trying to find a space again to get back to these cars I love and miss.

If anyone has experience, or is also looking for some space, or even knows of a car friendly garage owner looking to rent please let me know!

Enjoy the long weekend everyone

I'm in the market for some space as well
    sigpic

Comment

I am in the same boat as you, trying to find something withing a short walk of my apartment. I keep looking here:

Comment

BMW Owners Garage Club in Cambridge? Our family owns four BMWs and has recently bought and renovated 19 garages in Cambridge on Observatory Hill between Harvard Square and Porter Square. We are looking for Boston Chapter members who would like a safe storage facility that offers individual garages with remote control electric overhead doors, white wood walls, fluorescent lighting, battery tender, and optional electric heat (100A, 110/220V circuit suitable for fast EV charger). The garages have a large 35x70 ft. off-street interior courtyard where owners can get together to compare their cars, even wash them with an outdoor hose. Unlike large storage facilities that take your keys so they can move your cars, you have 24/7 access to your own locked unit (plowed out on snow days). One of our garages has a MaxJax lift that allow us to do undercarriage inspections, easily rotate tires, etc.. Call Bob Doyle at (617) 876-5678 to arrange a visit.
        Email: rob.doyle@gmail.com approved on September 01, 2014

It's an old ad but might be worth dropping an inquire about.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post

It's an old ad but might be worth dropping an inquire about.
          Thanks!!
          sigpic

Comment

No problem. Hope it works out, used to hate the urban environment with working on your car in the street/driveway.

My new garage, each bay is two deep :)

Comment

That is a B-E-A- utiful house!

Very jealous, but someday I'll have one of my own.

I currently work on my car on the roof of a parking garage. It sucks to have to bring all the tools in/out from the apartment but at least I can work on if I really need to.

Indoor working environment where I could keep all my tools would be an absolute game changer. We will see.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing that.

Comment

All of the spots in the cambridge garages are taken, and Rob says there is very little turnover lately, FYI.

Comment

Was all I know of since I don't reside out that way anymore. Might want to look near Woburn or Waltham. More industrial based towns further from the city.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                      No problem. Hope it works out, used to hate the urban environment with working on your car in the street/driveway.

My new garage, each bay is two deep :)
                      Wow. Well done and congrats. That is gorgeous.

We have been house hunting as of late. It was nothing I ever really desired to do, but seeing all these places with garage space are really making me think twice.
                      Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=254176

Comment

I'm looking for something as well...a month or two at the max tho
                        1991 318is ---230K - DD
                        1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                        so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

All you Boston Guys might consider getting a community space in say a common industrial park and do a shared garage with contractual rent to everyone.

Comment

Bump. Figure'd Id kick this back up, just to see if anything has changed with anyone: did you find something? Give up? Get out of the game all together like I did for a few years? The garage/lack there-of has consistently been the deciding factor, for me.

Comment

I'm north of the city but still have a similar problem. My car currently takes up my one garage but now I have a wife, baby and another one on the way, so I may move it somewhere (also considering selling). There is a garage club near me. It's underground (literally) and full of nice cars, I'll find the link.

Comment

Working...
                              X