X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDX Tech Shop

Calling all DIY'ers!

http://www.portlandtechshop.com/inde...-and-equipment

Brand new business "Club" just opened in Beaverton. The owner came to my small business and entrepreneurship class at PSU and gave a presentation about how the place game to be. The premise is simple, $100 a month and you get access to a warehouse with a vast array of equipment, almost anything under the sun! I'm serious they have some crazy machines, from CNC milling machines, Laser Cutters, Giant Lathes, to woodworking, paint booths, and a wild 3-D printer that makes models out of plastic! The coolest thing about it is they really support small buisness and encourgage any kind of start-up. Or if your just like working with your hands they offer classes on just about everything they got.

Alot of people came to my mind during the presentation, and you'all in the R3Vlimited community were on top of my list. Haven't been there to check it out yet but can't wait to. Check it out!

Old news, but cool.
    :wgaf:

PNW BMW Crew ///
    '93 325iS
    '99 528iT

Comment

so you pay $100 a month to be a member of this thing?
      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by SiGmA_X View Post
        Old news, but cool.
        Can't be too old considering there grand opening was last month. Anyway the longer their open the more equipment they'll gather. Too cool!

Originally posted by daniel View Post
        so you pay $100 a month to be a member of this thing?
        You got it. After basic training course you're free to use anything.
        Or if you have some kind of unique equipment to offer they give you a membership.

Comment

im so there.
          Originally posted by Holland
          There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

you should get the guy to give us a special r3v discount.
            http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

looks pretty cool. wish there was one closer to seattle.
              sigpic
              24v swapped

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
                you should get the guy to give us a special r3v discount.
                The owner was pretty down to earth, I bet if we planned a Tech day around it that could be possible.

Originally posted by e30love View Post
                looks pretty cool. wish there was one closer to seattle.
                Yea the original location is in the Bay Area, if the Portland location is successful I'm sure they'll franchise out.

Comment

just purchased a month membership to see how it goes.
                  Originally posted by Holland
                  There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

kinda like a gym membership but way more expensive, maybe if it was the price of a gym membership i'd join

Comment

Working...
                    X