Oregon Raceway Park Open House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon Raceway Park Open House

ORP is a brand new, highly technical race trak in Grass Valley OR and it looks FREAKING AWESOME!!!! They are having an open house next saturday (Aug, 29) and I will definitely be there. You won't be able to drive the track but they will be doing tours and other shit. Oh, and its free.

I've heard that this is going to be a country club type racetrack that only rich people and members get to drive on, but I don't really know anything about it.

Open house info

Track info
    <-- F*** that guy

Pretty sure its really expensive and lots of services required and event insurance. Looks like an awesome track, though, a bit too far out to go for a track tour, imo.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

looks pretty badass

i wish i could has moniesss?

Comment

Originally posted by JMil86 View Post
        Pretty sure its really expensive and lots of services required and event insurance. Looks like an awesome track, though, a bit too far out to go for a track tour, imo.
        I've been looking for reasons do drive the E30 lately ;)
        <-- F*** that guy

Comment

Too far.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Just checked out the price list
            Cliff Notes Version:
            Day rental: $3500 Mon-Thu, $6000 Fri-Sun
            Plus $200/day Fire Services and $150/day Timing Services and $250/hr After 6PM or Before 7AM
            Insurance: Auto Events are $951 for the First Day, $240 for each additional day
            Auto Club Events are $1883 first day, $422 add'l days

Looks fun, but way too far out there and there would have to be max turnout to make it worthwhile without bankrupting everyone

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

I've driven the track with the local Porsche club. As much as I'd like to keep it a secret... it's amazing. Corner names such as "pucker factor" and "the half pipe" don't even come close to describing how fun this track is. The elevation changes are awesome! Do you know the feeling you get in your stomach when you quickly drive over a steep hill? This track gives you that feeling. I drove 300 miles to drive this track the first time. I'd drive triple that to drive it again.

Downsides: no running water, only port-a-pots, no premium gas within 30 miles, not a beginner's track, dust, distance.

Comment

HOLY RECESSION BATMAN! That's expensive! Guess we'll never see a Lemon's there :(
                <-- F*** that guy

Comment

You suck guys. I was the only E30 there, and 1 of only 3 Bimmers (Not counting Minis) The track looks awesome, too bad its way over priced.

Ps. Counter Clockwise ftw

<-- F*** that guy

Comment

BM5W - My friend with the RX7 club loves Oregon Raceway... What did you pay for a day there with the Porsche club?
                    :wgaf:

PNW BMW Crew ///
                    '93 325iS
                    '99 528iT

Comment

Originally posted by SiGmA_X View Post
                      BM5W - My friend with the RX7 club loves Oregon Raceway... What did you pay for a day there with the Porsche club?
                      It isn't going to be this cheap next year, but I paid $130 for two days. I don't know what PIR costs, but Pacific Raceways is definitely more expensive than ORP. WeekDAY events are at least $200 per day at PR.

Trust me: ORP is worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by BM5W View Post
                        I've driven the track with the local Porsche club. As much as I'd like to keep it a secret... it's amazing. Corner names such as "pucker factor" and "the half pipe" don't even come close to describing how fun this track is. The elevation changes are awesome! Do you know the feeling you get in your stomach when you quickly drive over a steep hill? This track gives you that feeling. I drove 300 miles to drive this track the first time. I'd drive triple that to drive it again.

Downsides: no running water, only port-a-pots, no premium gas within 30 miles, not a beginner's track, dust, distance.
                        I'm glad to hear this actually. I have been there three different times on my bike, but thought it wouldn't be much fun in a car. It seems a little too tight and tecnical to me(for cars)

CCW FTMFW

Comment

Working...
                        X