Speeding in mt rainer national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeding in mt rainer national forest

Has anyone got a speeding ticket in mt rainer natioanl forest, or any national forest?

I got one last Saturday and I intend to contest it to keep my clean record. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck fighting one and who did you use if any lawyers?

It is federal, not state and most traffic lawyers do not handle federal tickets.

Disclaimer: I was speeding, I got caught, I'm willing to pay. Don't turn this into some bullshit thread about how I shouldn't of been speeding if I'm not willing to face consequinces.
    m106 1990 e30
    e36 daily
    e32 cruiser

you should not have been speeding anyway, dont you know speed kills. think of all the peoples and animals you put in danger when you can't keep your foot off the gas pedal, you selfish jerk!:hitler: btw i'm just kidding. I usually just pay my tickets and get on with life, it's just too much of a hassle just for a ticket.

Comment

Haha. I might just end up paying this one. I would rather keep it off my record, but the only lawyer I've found so far wants $750.

The ticket is for $139. 15 over in a 45 zone
      m106 1990 e30
      e36 daily
      e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
        Haha. I might just end up paying this one. I would rather keep it off my record, but the only lawyer I've found so far wants $750.

The ticket is for $139. 15 over in a 45 zone
        I hate patrol in there! The park just begs you to drive fast. I tend to be far more careful once INSIDE the park though, now I know why.

Sucks man.
        Originally posted by z31maniac
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Not as bad as i thought it would be, i thought it was like a 200 dollar ticket but still sucks either way, could have used that 139 bucks for something else

Comment

You could always contest it by writing in a letter or whatever.. Or is that not allowed for federal tickets? Are you allowed to defer federal tickets?

Comment

dude fight it, fight all tickets man... if you cant get it dismissed like i did;) then just tell him money is really tight and it will be an issue if u have to put up all the money...he will more then likely drop it some. MAN SPEED ALL THE TIME, I HATE LIMITS! i didn't get a lawyer,and i got mine dismissed by judge. just dress up nice!

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthre...27#post1711327

Comment

Hard not to speed with 3.5L under the hood... I feel your pain.

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

Are you guys using a radar detector?

Comment

You cannot defer federal tickets, wouldn't matter if I could anyway. I used my deferal about 4 years ago.

I think I'll just go to court myself and see if the judge will do anything for me.

No radar detector, I just speed way more when I have one. False sense of security.
                    m106 1990 e30
                    e36 daily
                    e32 cruiser

Comment

A radar detector is just another "tool" to help beat the cops. But if you don't know how to use it, might as well just keep speeding blind. And keep paying the fines.

Comment

Have you tried contacting Doug Silva (Renton) or Jag Matto (Seattle) for prices to fight the tickets?

Comment

I think they charge about $150.00 to fight a ticket.^^^
                          Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

No, usually much more. Doug was 200 minimum last time I used him, and jag was 250 or 300, IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                            X