Well if you test the wires for spark like mentioned above you should see if your'e getting spark.
Or if you're depressed and really don't think you have spark you can just touch it with your hand like I did. Then when you get shocked (like I did) you'll be happy that it's working and in mass pain all at once. It's better if you have a friend there to laugh at you.
m20 woes
Collapse
X
-
Yeah, because I just swapped it out with a known working cps. How would I go about seeing if thr coil has spark? I've used three different ones. 1st one was mine. And the 2nd and 3rd were from previous working cars (jasons and trevers).Leave a comment:
-
-
-
Right on Jeff, thanks. I'll be doing that when my dad gets home, as I'm the only one home as of right now.very rare that you wont be able to get spark AFTER the plug. Pop a plug wire off, put a flat head screw driver in the end (dont wreck the metal clip inside the boot) and have someone turn the car over while you hold the screwdriver, touch the exposed metal part of the driver to something metal on the car (strut mount bolts). if you can see a spark going between the driver and the metal you know youre getting spark from the coil etc. this is of course if you cant locate something to pull the plug.
has anyone messed with the ecu recently?
To my knowledge, no one has messed with my ecu. It crossed my mind that it could possibly have gone bad over night, but I don't have access to someone with the same (or similar) ecu as I do.
I checked the cps in my car. I traced the wire down to where it bolts up. The wire was very loose and had what looked like black electrical tape on it. I've got a new(er) one that I'm going to install. The problem is, the cps that's currently on the car is reallllly putting up a fight to take it off.Leave a comment:
-
very rare that you wont be able to get spark AFTER the plug. Pop a plug wire off, put a flat head screw driver in the end (dont wreck the metal clip inside the boot) and have someone turn the car over while you hold the screwdriver, touch the exposed metal part of the driver to something metal on the car (strut mount bolts). if you can see a spark going between the driver and the metal you know youre getting spark from the coil etc. this is of course if you cant locate something to pull the plug.
has anyone messed with the ecu recently?Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Matt-Bsounds like no spary like we said, your rear toolkit has the tools to pull a plug...
i have a plug socket somewhere, ill look for it
My rear tool kit doesn't have it. I have like no tools from there.Leave a comment:
-
I don't have the tools to pull a plug.
When I start it, well try to start it, it reaks of fuel.Leave a comment:
-
m20 woes
I posted this in the m20 section, but I'm not too sure how many people look in there.
I came home two nights ago, then tried to start it the following morning but it wouldn't start. It would just keep cranking and cranking. I've replaced the following with known good parts: m20 afm, spark plug wires, ignition coil, and distributor cap and rotor. It's getting fuel. Timing belt is 1yr 8 months old. What the eff. Any ideas?
When I crank it and I leave the oil cap open, I can see the cam doing it's business..as in, it's turning and turning.
Fuel pressure regulator..even though it's getting fuel? I know this because I pulled the fuel line going into the injectors and fuel is coming out when cranking for a second or two.
Any ideas? I kinda need it to get to work and all that good jazz.Tags: None

Leave a comment: