m20 woes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • thedeal
    replied
    The shock isn't that painful anyway. I did it to myself just the other day, it is one "FUCK" worthy though!

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    Originally posted by gregslow318i
    that is if you are using a something other than the spark plug...think about it... what are the 2 things need to make a spark/circuit....ground and a electrode ie spark plug....now go shock your self to make sure it works
    So I'll have the spark plug in the sparkplug wiring, and then ground it to the shock tower or something similar. If push comes to shove, I'll do that. I currently can't because that's a two person job.

    Leave a comment:


  • gregslow318i
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric Devier
    Oh. I was told from a few people to hold it near a ground so you could see the spark jump from the plug to thr ground. Haha. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. I hope it doesn't hurt thaaat bad. I'm going to charge my battery tonight just incase.

    I need an OG to come over tomorrow :(
    that is if you are using a something other than the spark plug...think about it... what are the 2 things need to make a spark/circuit....ground and a electrode ie spark plug....now go shock your self to make sure it works

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    Originally posted by gregslow318i
    near :crazy:...you need to ground it to the body of the car and the metal bace of the spark plug in order to complete the circuit...go back and test it again and make sure it is ground is a good clean ground, you should almost go back and shock you sell just to positively determinant if you are getting spark or not
    Oh. I was told from a few people to hold it near a ground so you could see the spark jump from the plug to thr ground. Haha. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. I hope it doesn't hurt thaaat bad. I'm going to charge my battery tonight just incase.

    I need an OG to come over tomorrow :(

    Leave a comment:


  • gregslow318i
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric Devier
    I pulled a spark plug, and attached it to the spark plug wire. Then I had someone hold it near one of the grounds on the shock tower, while I tried starting the car.
    near :crazy:...you need to ground it to the body of the car and the metal bace of the spark plug in order to complete the circuit...go back and test it again and make sure it is ground is a good clean ground, you should almost go back and shock you sell just to positively determinant if you are getting spark or not

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    Originally posted by gregslow318i
    do an ohm test on the cps and see if it is bad, I know you already swapped a good one in but you never know with used or even new parts.
    I shall do that tomorrow since I just got off work and don't have a tool to test the ohm.

    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Yup....Eric, how did you test for spark?
    I pulled a spark plug, and attached it to the spark plug wire. Then I had someone hold it near one of the grounds on the shock tower, while I tried starting the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by gregslow318i
    do an ohm test on the cps and see if it is bad, I know you already swapped a good one in but you never know with used or even new parts.
    Yup....Eric, how did you test for spark?

    Leave a comment:


  • gregslow318i
    replied
    do an ohm test on the cps and see if it is bad, I know you already swapped a good one in but you never know with used or even new parts.

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    Luke, should I still do that even though no spark was present?

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Eric, HOLD THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR and expect to crank it for 5 minutes.

    Seriously, do NOT let the pedal up AT ALL....not even once!

    When you hold the pedal down, it lets more air in AND removes the idle enrichment...hold that fucker down and crank...hope you have a battery charger around.

    GL!
    Luke

    Haha, I just PM'd you.

    I'll go give that a shot. Hopefully it won't flood it or anything.

    Seeing how I don't have a battery charger, should I have my parents car running with jumper cables to my car?

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Eric, HOLD THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR and expect to crank it for 5 minutes.

    Seriously, do NOT let the pedal up AT ALL....not even once!

    When you hold the pedal down, it lets more air in AND removes the idle enrichment...hold that fucker down and crank...hope you have a battery charger around.

    GL!
    Luke

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    Just tried an ecu labled 153, didn't work. Mine is 173 fwiw.

    And it's not getting spark. ANy pros willing to help get it running? I have some cash for the help. I just need it running asap.

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    A different set of plugs from a running car are in, and it still doesn't start. WTF.

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    eric whats ur schedule today?

    I have work at 4. I woke up alllll early like to get a head start on this, but I soon find it's raining like it's never going to end, and I don't have anything to cover the front of my car with.

    Just text me. I'm getting offline.

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Jesus fucking christ.

    Hold the goddamn gas pedal to the floor and crank that bitch until it starts.

    You flooded your damn motor. Nothing is broken, just go start it.

    Luke

    But that's the thing. It just keeps cranking and cranking and cranking THUS flooding the car. I even let it sit over night and tried to start it the next morning but nothing happened. I pulled the plugs last night to let the cylinders get cleared out. I'm wanting to put new plugs in and start it but it's pissing rain and it's parked outside. I found a tarp but it has a shit ton of holes.

    Leave a comment:

Working...