Home mechanic needd work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home mechanic needd work

I've been a BMW club member and owner for over 3 decades. My name is Greg Mierz and I'm semi retired now and need to offer my services as a BMW hobbyist mechanic to supplement my retirement. I've done all my own work for 30 years and worked for many Seattle area club members. I've crewed and help build some of the Pro 3 325i's that are running here in the NW. I have a nice garage here in West Seattle and can do most major and minor maintainence. As an example I've recently replaced the head on a Pro 3 race car, swapped an engine out in a 90 318i, done brakes on a 325es, a clutch job on another Pro3 car. I am cheaper than the dealer and most independant shops that I'm aware of. I can do weekend work if necessary and will work with you on scheduling. I have no problem if you provide the parts but would like to consult before you spend the money on them to insure the right items are purchased. I can also provide supervision to those who would like to learn to do it for themselves. I can provide references for those who would like them. I'm doing this as an extension of my life long hobby and a way to make it in this current economy. Please don't consider this as spamming the forum but as a way of introduction of the service I can offer. If you want more information my email is GregM2002@comcast.net Thanks for listening.

It took awhile to get posting privileges here so I like to mention some other stuff I've done recently. Currently doing a valve job and timing chain on a 90-318is(M42) that had a dead cylinder from a burnt exhaust valve. I done work on a couple of E39 5 series and E36 M3 and a E46. Let me know what you need done and I'll see what we can do. Thanks. I've done some work already for members of these forum but I need to do more for you.
    Last edited by Greg Mierz; 12-21-2009, 09:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    Greg Mierz
    Puget Sound BMW club member since 1978
    Board Member for over 26 years now retired
    1969 2002 ti since 1974
    1986 325is my current daily driver
    GMTechnic BMW consultation service BMW mechanical services at less than independent shops or dealer

Greg, didn't you do a bunch of work on Dale B's cabriolet?

That car drives SO nice....

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

As I said over on bf.c too bad you're so far away.
      M Coupe

Comment

Yes I've done the work on Dale B's cabrio, springs , tie rods and dash replacement. I've also been doing work on both of Dale's Pro3 cars his current one and another for next year.
        Greg Mierz
        1969 2002 ti since 1974
        GMTechnic BMW consultation service BMW mechanical services at less than independent shops or dealer

Comment

They sure are self adjusting, just not self fixing when one valve isn't complete. Head had a burnt valve so the valve where ground and one replaced. Chain guide was shot so lower front cover had to come off, replaced it and the crank seal while in there. The head is on and tomorrow the cams go in and get timed. Owner comes by on Saturday to finish it.
          Greg Mierz
          1969 2002 ti since 1974

Comment

Just a little update of some recent work done. I got Julie's nice 318is back on the road after fixing the dead cylinder(burnt exhaust valve) and some timing tensioner and guide work. Replaced the water and vacuum hoses while it was apart.

A simple timing belt and water pump on a nice 87 325e automatic that was stored nicely but had a 10 year old timing belt. Great buy picked up in SF.

Spending some time on Dale B's new race car swapping stuff from his crashed race car. It takes a lot of time to get the stuff off and then transferred into a bare shell of a race car. Wiring, plumbing etc. lot of little stuff and fabrication.

Next week it's a 95 325ic valve cover, themostat and fluids.

Happy Thanksgiving folks
            Last edited by Greg Mierz; 12-21-2009, 09:23 PM.
            Greg Mierz
            1969 2002 ti since 1974

Comment

I wish I had someone like you around here.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

bump for this week. Schedule yourself for that maintenance that you need or get those repairs done before the holidays. Email me with your needs. gregm2002@comcast.net
                Greg Mierz
                1969 2002 ti since 1974

Comment

if you wanted to come to portland, i could keep you busy for a few days solid, and put you up while you were here.
                  just a thought.
                  Originally posted by Holland
                  There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X