Back in the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the game.

Thinkin of getting back into the e30 game despite my previous annoyances to everyone. Once I sell my car I was thinkin of gettin this e30, I'll post a link below, but ive seen this one on cl for months, it started out at like 6500, now its at 4800, is there a reason no one has bought it? The front bumper is a lil iffy... http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/1770847856.html
    sigpic

So, the person who owned that car is a dumbass.
    Could not afford an e46, So he bought the kit, could not afford an e36 so he bought the seats.A front bumper iffy? The whole car has the ugly ass worst 800$ you can spend kit on it. Buy a car like the one you had. Dont waste time on these "modded" cars.

You can easily buy a late model for like 1000$ bad motor etc. Grab M50 get it swapped for another 1000$ nice sport interior 500$ maybe?

and for 2500$ have a nice car. Or buy that shit. car in link reminds me of a manta ray \/

Last edited by Matt-B; 06-06-2010, 08:11 PM.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Thanks for the tip matt, I'll keep my eyes open, I'm torn between an mk2 or mk4 gti and anther e30
      sigpic

Comment

dont go to the vw's. fwd sucks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
          So, the person who owned that car is a dumbass.
          Could not afford an e46, So he bought the kit, could not afford an e36 so he bought the seats.A front bumper iffy? The whole car has the ugly ass worst 800$ you can spend kit on it. Buy a car like the one you had. Dont waste time on these "modded" cars.

You can easily buy a late model for like 1000$ bad motor etc. Grab M50 get it swapped for another 1000$ nice sport interior 500$ maybe?

and for 2500$ have a nice car. Or buy that shit. car in link reminds me of a manta ray \/
          Sure let me direct you to the secret portion of craigslist where they have an abundance of E30's for $1000, let alone late model, 24v swaps for $1000, and free mechanics.

Oh wait...

That's right...

You can't hardly find a late model E30 on craigslist.

You can't even find a decent condition E30 on craigslist for $1000. Not even pre-facelift.

You can BARELY find a 24v bmw engine for sale locally... and I guarantee you aren't going to swap it for $1000. Oil pan+tube+pump, harness, and trans brace, master cyl brake booster motor and trans mounts, throwout bearing, etc are going to add up to at least half that, plus a good running engine itself??!?! Even out of a U-Pull-It that's still 2-300 easy.

Lunacy. I looked, I tried. I've called, I've drove around and dealt with it, spent the last 2 months looking... there's no way in hell you're getting a 24v e30 for that price unless you get lucky enough to come across a rear-ended e34/e36 and you find the e30 deal of 2010.

And after that how much are you gonna drop into a $1000 e30? How many bushings, nuts, bolts, seals, etc need replaced?

Not trying to shit on anyone's parade, but that's what I've been looking at.

My plan is to sit on the money and drive every e30 I can until I find the right car... then pounce.

Comment

you didnt look hard enough.
            sorry

i have a friend who looks on CL and buys late models for 400-1000 and flips them for 2500.

-and btw, its super doable to get an m50 for 500 and buy everything else need to swap for 500. Some of us are resourceful

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

That car has been on CL a while now.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JJe30 View Post
                That car has been on CL a while now.
                Which is why the OP stated that the car has been on CL for months.
                M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
                  :rofl:
                  Originally posted by z31maniac
                  I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
                    my s52 car sold in a day because i sold it for $1000.

JAYKAY
                    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Op, please don't get back in the 'game'

Comment

I swear to god danny, if i ever see you in person i'm gonna beat your fake n baking, fistpumping, hair spiking ass into next year.
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL, See you at the picnic <3

Comment

lucky you i'll be in montana
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4do E30 View Post
                              I swear to god danny, if i ever see you in person i'm gonna beat your fake n baking, fistpumping, hair spiking ass into next year.
                              LOLOLOLOL.

Danny, aren't you coming to the picnic this year? Maybe 4do e30 will join ;)

EDIT: LAAAAAAME. Now I'm sad.
                              M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X