Mechanic looking for clients and students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanic looking for clients and students

Do you need some repair or maintenance work done but don’t have the time to do it yourself? Are the dealer and independents rates still more than you’d like to pay? Would you like to learn to do some of your car’s repairs yourself but a little unsure of your skills to do it. I have a solution for you. Gmtechnic is the name of the mechanical services that I offer. I’ve been wrenching on my BMW’s for decades and now that I’ve lost my old job and become semi-retired I do mechanical work to put food on the table. There are limits to what I can take on, ie some of the newer models that require tons of diagnostic equipment that I don’t have but if it brakes, cooling or such I may take it on. E30’s and older are my specialties. I’ve kept my hot rod 2002ti going for 30 years with its many mods and built my 325is from a want to be PRO 3 car. I’ve worked on several PRO 3 car builds for local BMW club friends. I would best describe my work as advanced shade tree DIY work with an anal attitude to do it right. I placed a posting months ago that some may remember. If this interests you drop me an email at gmtechnic@comcast.net to discuss them. I’ve been a Puget Sound BMW club member for over 30 years and can provide some references if you need them. Drop me a line and let’s discuss what you need.

Greg Mierz
    GMTechnic BMW mechanical services
    Greg Mierz
    Puget Sound BMW club member since 1978
    Board Member for over 26 years now retired
    1969 2002 ti since 1974
    1986 325is my current daily driver
    GMTechnic BMW consultation service BMW mechanical services at less than independent shops or dealer

Too bad you're on the other coast.
    sigpic

Comment

Bump for the week, Thanks
      Greg Mierz
      1969 2002 ti since 1974
      GMTechnic BMW consultation service BMW mechanical services at less than independent shops or dealer

Comment

were cheap sorry

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Hit me up if your ever in Port Land

Comment

Did a rear subframe swap on an E30 Saturday. The owner had the toe/camber slots added to the subframe installed. I had to trim the urethane subframe mounts to make enough space to get the specials nuts and washers installed. Very little room to tighten but it did work. I wonder how difficult it will be at the alignment shop to set and tighten the bolts? Allows for a decent amount of adjustment though. I've got a Z3 coupe with window issues coming in this week for a possible regulator swap. So if anybody needs some work done let me know
            1969 2002 ti since 1974

Comment

How much would you charge to help me do a 5-speed swap into my Auto IS? I am going to take it on alone unless I can find someone I can afford and help me do it.

Thanks,
              Josh
              Originally posted by Sonny
              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I sent you a PM with contact info. I'll be waiting to hear from you.
                Greg Mierz
                1969 2002 ti since 1974

Comment

Thanks for the help Greg. If anyone needs any assistance with anything he definitely knows what he's talking about and is very quick to respond and willing to help.

Again, thank you very much
                  Jesse

86 Zinno es
                  M50 inside

Comment

I've heard nothing but good stuff from Greg.
                    M Coupe

Comment

how are you with s38's?

gonna be pulling the head and such and would like to make sure i get timing and such correct when i reassemble...

guess it would be more for moral support, i'd pay ya of course to make sure we were doin the right job......

Comment

fast?

Originally posted by alpinee30m50 View Post
                        Thanks for the help Greg. If anyone needs any assistance with anything he definitely knows what he's talking about and is very quick to respond and willing to help.

Again, thank you very much
                        Jesse

Emailed about a week ago but never heard back

Comment

Been a bit busy, sorry email sent to Mpowers_4. Portland is a bit a ways from West Seattle.:)
                          Greg Mierz
                          1969 2002 ti since 1974

Comment

Wish I was still back in the PNW for this. Good idea Greg ;-)
                            Continuous For Sale Thread
                            323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by mpowers_04 View Post
                              Emailed about a week ago but never heard back
                              greg isn't one of us who sits in front of a monitor driving a desk all week, so don't expect immediate responses. he's out in the garage doing good work.

bump for a good dude. he's done work on my car 3 times now and always does a great job.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X