Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87' 325e feels a bit sluggish??

hey fellars,

so i did a recent oil change for the e30. previous owner used castrol 15w40 oil, so i followed suit. i added about 4.25 quarts in, changed the filter, started her up and let her run for about 15 min then shut her off.

the next day, im driving to school and i notice it feels a bit sluggish?! It felt as if the torque took a while to kick in?? i can shift thru gears easily without having it reach past 2k rpm, but that morning, it would take to about 2.5k rpm to get to an decent speed. i checked the oil on the dipstick, and its higher then what i checked yesterday, so i remove some oil, check the levels and im back in normal operating oil zones....

BUT the car is still feeling a bit sluggish?! i know i added exactly 4.25 quarts in...

any suggestions guys?! its making me feel a lil uneasy.
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Well, it is an E, it will always feel sluggish. Has it been a big defference in temp from the days you thought it ran fine and when it was sluggish? that would have a bit to do with it.
    ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

You can check the oil level. A full crankcase of oil will cut acceleration considerably in comparison to 1/2 to 3/4 full.

I usually shift mine around 3k...you can get some good power over 2500, especially with a chip....Just play around with it a bit, dont be afraid to abuse them a little bit. The manual says to occasionally let the car cruise at 3000rpm for a few minutes on the highway to push carbon out. Then maybe learn to double clutch and you can really impress:nice:

Comment

Engine temp always stays at the halfway point, and its been at that same point after the change too. The car does have a chip, but before I even did the oil change, it felt it had a lil more pep in its step.
        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
        X