PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Drove my lachs coupe today for the first time. Such a good feeling.
    Great news! How did it feel?

Daniel
    1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
    2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

If Yahoo could stop making flickr harder to use that would be nice.

Finally ready for the picnic (mostly)

IMG_0407 by Wschnitz, on Flickr
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

^^^ Wow….!

Comment

Those Hartge rims make it look $$$$$$$$$ ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            You use washers for spacers? :P
            Temporary anti rattle clip delete until real spacers come in. Lol

Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
            Great news! How did it feel?
            felt great. Felt even better scaring the shit out of neighborhood kids with open headers :)
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                Those Hartge rims make it look $$$$$$$$$ ;D
                If only the wheel re-finisher knew what silver was
                willschnitz

Comment

well.. I definitely see your point lol.. They do look good though.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                    There is at least one m3 vert in our area. It is owned by an older gentleman (50sish)
                    There is, and I am driving it to my wedding. :)

Comment

Any electricians here? So the wiring for the sedans headlamps is fine, but because it has Hella H4s which have double bulb/filament whatever to act as high and low beams the high beams are essentially drawing double power. This means if you turn the high beams on, all the lights go on for a few seconds, then they pop the 7.5amp fuses. Because of the double draw of having all 4 lights turn on when you pull the bright lever do I need to switch the 7.5amps to 15amps?
                      willschnitz

Comment

Why would the highs be drawing double power? It's set up from the factory to have all four turn on. Or do you mean you're powering both the high filament and low filament at the same time?
                        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                          Why would the highs be drawing double power? It's set up from the factory to have all four turn on. Or do you mean you're powering both the high filament and low filament at the same time?
                          The way H4s work is they have two filaments a low and a high, but the car also has high beams separate from the H4s, They way the car is wired for them it has a positive split off from the single highs, off to the H4 highs. When you turn the high beams on, both high beam filaments and both high sealed beams go on, then the fuses pop seconds after.
                          willschnitz

Comment

H4s function the exact same as the factory sealed beam bulbs. Unless you're powering both the low filament and high filament in the same bulb then there shouldn't be double the power. Did you wire it differently from factory? Each high beam fuse should power two high beam filaments and each low beam fuse should power one low beam filament.

I'm pretty sure e24 and e30 stuff is similar. No guarantees though.

Maybe I'm just confused as to what you're asking though?
                            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Well I didnt wire it, the work seems to clean for a previous owner, more likely a shop. Ill draw a MSFT paint of how its wired.
                              willschnitz

Comment

This is what I have, the wire colors are probably not exact but you get the idea, also dont know where they wires through after they go into harness, its all covered and dont really have time to tear it fully apart.

It keeps popping the two 7.5Amp high beam fuses, and only those two.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X