Fun Paint Time

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by TrentW
    Totally agree it was all the painter's fault. He should take care of it for you.

    Did you consider doing a two-stage with PPG 3000 clear? I think you might be happier...
    Link to thread of finished car please.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Rookie37
    replied
    I'll be looking for a pink E30 when I'm cruising around Kirkland from now on.

    Leave a comment:


  • RacingTowardsRed
    replied
    I'd rock that shiz. But that still sucks that the color is so wrong. Sorry to hear :(

    Leave a comment:


  • Curt Hayes
    replied
    Originally posted by Dussen
    Sorry to hear this. But the car doesn't look pink on my computer. I'm thinking you should just roll with it. Maybe even give the car to your wife then get another for yourself. Then you can both cruise together.
    No, it's not hot pink, it's more of a salmon color, but certainly not like this:

    Now THAT's what I wanted. It's MattM's car from e30tech. I love that paint.

    My wife has about zero interest in driving a BMW, although she's happy with me spending money on mine, so it all works out great.

    Leave a comment:


  • Curt Hayes
    replied
    Originally posted by E30Rookie37
    Where a pink polo and rock that shit tough!! But seriously that has got to be the worst. The painter won't re-do for free or at least at a discount since he screwed up?
    He's a good guy, and I'm sure he's going to give me a deal on the re-spray.

    Leave a comment:


  • Curt Hayes
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance Racing
    Lesson learned is to always give the painter an agreed color chip to match to?
    Yeah, I agree. Did I fail to mention that I forgot to tell the painter that the sunroof was the right color? I take plenty of the blame, although I wish the painter had called, and I wish the paint shop (NOT the Totem Lake Wesco, by the way. They were totally nice and helpful. She felt really bad for me.) would have said something about Omni.
    If I'd been around, that would have helped, too.
    This is not the end of the world, and definitely a lesson learned. Next time I get a car painted, if ever, I'll know more...

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Bummer to hear man :(

    +1 on selling it to a chick lol

    Leave a comment:


  • Dussen
    replied
    Sorry to hear this. But the car doesn't look pink on my computer. I'm thinking you should just roll with it. Maybe even give the car to your wife then get another for yourself. Then you can both cruise together.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw325csi
    replied
    We use Omni only for a base undercoat to make sure we did a good job on the repairs but thats it!

    Leave a comment:


  • Lance Racing
    replied
    Lesson learned is to always give the painter an agreed color chip to match to?

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Dear GOD that is pretty!

    WOW!

    Leave a comment:


  • TrentW
    replied
    Totally agree it was all the painter's fault. He should take care of it for you.

    Did you consider doing a two-stage with PPG 3000 clear? I think you might be happier...
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • IronJoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirtsquirt
    Rock the shit out of it with some white or gold centered wheels?

    This.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Zinno = Cinnabar

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    I see this as 100% on the painter and his supplier.

    If I order steak and get chicken, I expect it fixed.

    I mean, it is whole different thing if the waitress comes over and says "sir, the steak has been stolen by aliens, all we have is chicken" is fine, but that painter should have called you or SOMETHING, no fucking way should this have cost you a dime...especially if the chick at Wesco knew already about the poor mix.

    Tell him I have a Zinno car I want shot too, but I want the bloody deep red that BMW intended, not strawberry milkshake.

    Leave a comment:

Working...