just picked these up

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BBDirtbiking
    replied
    Thanks for the links guys, they are so sexy!

    $400 for 4 adapters though :/ Haha. More then I paid for the e39 I am picking up.

    Leave a comment:


  • tonytony
    replied
    I see, I'll have to go back and look at his fenders, I didn't notice he rolled and pulled them

    Leave a comment:


  • slowe34
    replied
    Originally posted by tonytony
    that's odd that Spooledtt's fitment looks like he's using thinner adapters than you are, but he's running 18mm while you're running 20mm, it looks more like he's running somthing lik 15mm instead, his just looks more sunken in than yours and 2mm difference isn't that big. What size tire are you running?
    Youre right, his do look like they are sitting farther in, but theres three things; first we are both running 18mm. I wasn't going to get the draft42's unless they came in 18. Second I think he went a little more aggressive on his roll and pull. I hardly touched the front fenders on mine and his look pretty worked. Also, Im just guessing on this but it could have something to do with the early style arches vs. my late model ones? Not sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • tonytony
    replied
    Originally posted by slowe34
    here's the thread I made awhile ago. Pics at end

    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...38+style+fives
    that's odd that Spooledtt's fitment looks like he's using thinner adapters than you are, but he's running 18mm while you're running 20mm, it looks more like he's running somthing lik 15mm instead, his just looks more sunken in than yours and 2mm difference isn't that big. What size tire are you running?

    Leave a comment:


  • slowe34
    replied
    here's the thread I made awhile ago. Pics at end

    Leave a comment:


  • tonytony
    replied


    it's one of the last pages in the thread, someone posted up his car with style 5s and adapters 18mm all around.

    Leave a comment:


  • BBDirtbiking
    replied
    Originally posted by slowe34
    The draft42 ones DO come in 18mm. Its what Im running with e38 style 5s.
    Can you post photos on the fitment? I may be picking up some e38 style 5s. (16x8 et23) and wondering how they fit with 18mm adapter.

    Leave a comment:


  • slowe34
    replied
    Originally posted by PNWDan
    Smallest you'll see is 18mm for an adapter. The 42draft ones are 20mm but a great design.
    The draft42 ones DO come in 18mm. Its what Im running with e38 style 5s.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wishno87
    replied
    Originally posted by JJe30
    That's what I liked. I am doing either a bronze or gold centers on mine. Leaning more towards gold
    No you are not! :hitler:



    Leave a comment:


  • JJe30
    replied
    That's what I liked. I am doing either a bronze or gold centers on mine. Leaning more towards gold

    Leave a comment:


  • tonytony
    replied
    haha nice! Style 5s are gonna go up in price now, oh an another plus is using adapters will open up the wheel choices for us.

    Leave a comment:


  • JJe30
    replied
    Originally posted by tonytony
    I thought about doing that for awhile but it was just too much of a pain, so i'm just gonna get 5x120 adapters instead.
    Dood, I'm actually doing this too, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • tonytony
    replied
    Originally posted by PNWDan
    Smallest you'll see is 18mm for an adapter. The 42draft ones are 20mm but a great design.
    this^. Austin, I'm on the fence about bronze. I'm kinda all or nothing, black or shinny/bright, but i have seen some nice bronze wheels though.

    Leave a comment:


  • PNWDan
    replied
    Originally posted by BBDirtbiking
    Can you post the adapters you are getting? Everything I find are combination GIANT spacers.
    Smallest you'll see is 18mm for an adapter. The 42draft ones are 20mm but a great design.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by tonytony
    i'm thinking of running 205/45/16 tires, what do you guys think too much stretch, perfect? I'm not trying to rub fenders here, but also dont wanna be hella stretched. Also the wheels aren't perfect but i'm going to run them as is if i can get my car rolling for the e30 picnic. Maybe just repaint and polish the lip, bonze, gold, black?
    That is EXACTLY what I'm running, perfect amount of stretch, IMO. Paint the whole wheel bronze. Looks sexy on red cars :)

    Leave a comment:

Working...