Cluster and Blower motor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cluster and Blower motor problems

Today while driving to work I noticed that my tack, fuel guage, and temperture guage stopped working. This morning when I went out to go jet skiing everything was fine and working.

Having this happen I checked everything else and my blower motor stopped working as well.

I checked all the fuses and fuse number 10 had been blown. Put a new fuse in and turned the ignition. A little flicker of life and then nothing from the same guages. Checked the new fuse and it had blown again.

So I have a short somewhere and right now I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to fix this.

Your input would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.
    '91 318is

Ignition switch
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

This would affect the cluster and the blower motor?

Thanks
      '91 318is

Comment

Yup it can create alot of issue same thing as if you have a bad ground somewhere
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Muffler bearings.

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Just had mine lubed.

Stealth Mode: Enabled

Comment

Reminds me, I need to change my muffler bearings...maybe I'll get poly bushings instead. Might make my car quieter...
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Sweet, ok thanks guys. I'll be sure to check it out!
                '91 318is

Comment

Just updating this old thread as it may help someone else in the future.

!AjHoWzA!'s car was sitting while he was in boot and A school so I did a little troubleshooting before he got home. With fuse 10 blowing on start being the key indicator (and previously changing the ignition switch) I traced the short to the backup light wire where it comes in through the shift boot. The wire got pinched between the rubber boot and the opening in the transmission tunnel and caused a short. Since fuse 10 powers the K7 unloader relay tied to the blower, this caused the blower to cease function as well as the tach & temp gauge.
                  sigpic
                  84 323i

Comment

Definitely went through the exact same issue on the euro car. I had the same issue. Good info here!
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                    X