Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody wants to help change clutch?

hey guys,

i need to change clutch on my car, wondering if anyone done it and available to help out? i havent done it myself. will buy some food/drinks..

let me know please, thanks.
    425-350-6766 can text..

1988 325is S50 in-progress.
    http://www.facebook.com/E30LocalCrew
    Few pictures:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255061

Didn't you just do your S50? That sucks. Really not that hard, even on the ground, it's a 6 hour job max.

Good luck man.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Id help. Would need gas monies tho
      -Andy

Comment

i wont have the time, but you can look at my writeup when i swapped out my flywheel.

if you get stuck, i might be able to drive up and help you for an hour, maybe 2, but lately im doing 13+ hour days and all my projects are in need too.
        3 pedal club
        200,k+ club
        cabrio club
        port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

He forgot to mention its an S50 with ZF320 tranny and its a stage 2 clutch+lightweight flywheel... Dont know if its a different swapping proccess then stock m20+getrag

1989 Zinno 325i S50 ZF320

Comment

A clutch job is a clutch job.

A helpful tip, lower the front subframe and use some wobbly extensions for the top trans bolts. That will save you a lot of time.

Comment

^ this. Use lots of wobbles

Bahama Beige E23 Project
              Bluebird Bus Conversion
              New Oregon Trail

Comment

^ with a 3ft extension!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  Didn't you just do your S50? That sucks. Really not that hard, even on the ground, it's a 6 hour job max.

Good luck man.
                  Thanks man, i did put S50, when i bought the engine i didnt know if it works or not... so i didnt want to change clutch without knowing if engine is good.
                  but no my 3rd 4th 5th slipps haha, so got a Twin Organic: 850hp, 640ft-lb UUC with 8.5 lbs flywheel...

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
                  Id help. Would need gas monies tho
                  your all the way in OR?
                  bit too far of a drive...

Originally posted by idanity View Post
                  i wont have the time, but you can look at my writeup when i swapped out my flywheel.

if you get stuck, i might be able to drive up and help you for an hour, maybe 2, but lately im doing 13+ hour days and all my projects are in need too.
                  would be nice if you have time, im gonna start taking it apart soon, thanks alot for the link!
                  Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  A clutch job is a clutch job.

A helpful tip, lower the front subframe and use some wobbly extensions for the top trans bolts. That will save you a lot of time.
                  Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                  ^ this. Use lots of wobbles
                  Originally posted by oldmann View Post
                  ^ with a 3ft extension!!!
                  Thanks guys!!

Few pictures:

Comment

I see. Well, that's no fun. Good luck man. If I were closer, I'd just run over and knock it out real quick.

Comment

USE A LIFT. Don't give up!
                      1999 M Coupe
                      2014 X1 xDrive35i
                      2000 P38A HSE
                      1989 Lachs 4 Door
                      Instagram: MCoupeKim

Comment

Last edited by mulletman; 10-13-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

^ Hmmm that's rather enticing....

Comment

When do you plan on doing the job?

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
                            I'd also volunteer to come over and make dumb-ass comments/drink beer while you do your clutch. Your call, ha.
                            I'm down for this if you have the extra space. :D I've done plenty of clutches over the years but never an e30.
                            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
                              How's about this....

I have a bunch of airline tickets to use before the end of the year. I get more next year, so these need to go away. If anyone feels like helping this guy out, but is far away... I can hand out a pair of passes on any Alaska/Horizon Air flight. Since I've never done a clutch job either, that's my way of helping out... haha.

I haven't had to use these passes as I travel as an employee... but I think you may still have to pay the taxes. Dunno, though. Also, the tickets would be space-available. So if the plane is full, you don't get on. However, this can be worked around as I can check the flight loads in advance.

I'd also volunteer to come over and make dumb-ass comments/drink beer while you do your clutch. Your call, ha.
                              (for a second i thought its a scam hahha who gives free stuff these days haha)

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                              When do you plan on doing the job?

I'm down for this if you have the extra space. :D I've done plenty of clutches over the years but never an e30.

i started, took exhaust off, and disconnected drive-shaft... but now the hard part... "how to reach to the top bolts" ... will see if cant do much then will probably drop the sub-frame...

Few pictures:

Comment

Working...
                              X