hai guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hai guys

i know i don't belong here but...i am trying to make a little road trip out to washington and oregon. i will be going in the winter, so sometime in december orearly january(will i need snow chains?).

so here is what i plan on doing:
    a straight drive out to oregon and then stay the night and explore university of oregon and oregon state as well as the scenery and all that good stuff. then i would spend the night again probably somewhere near portland i would imagine.

next, i would be driving down to seattle and seeing the space needle and exploring around there as well. and would probably stay the night there before i'd start heading back.

so my questions are:
    1. where are the best locations to stay at in terms of hotels in the locations i mentioned, price range of around $125 more or less per night and in good places, not somewhere where i will come out in the morning and see my car was stolen or prostitutes are consistently roaming in and out of the door next to mine.

2. what are some great things to see while down in oregon and seattle?

3. i'm a big eater and love little eateries, so are there any food places that are renown for great food around there?

4. where can we meet up for some brooskis and shoot the shit?

5. any additional information would be much appreciated!

thanks guys!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
    my feedback thread

The acropolis is a great place with an impeccable view and great steaks:-)
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
      +1

If you want food cart style for lunch check out the grilled cheese grill for a cheesus

Comment

Damn. Someone beat me to it.

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

If you want decent pizza Zekes and The Rock are good. Plenty of local brew around here. And if you want cheaper hotel don't stay downtown Seattle, try Lynnwood/shoreline. There is a quality inn that is decent on 205th/ballinger. Aruora ave/99 is all slum except for scoreline area so don't book a hotel on it.
          More eats: blue moon burgers, the berliner for doner kebabs that are delish

go to the Columbia tower skydeck if you can, its pretty cool, especially at night. Better view then silly needle. Pikes place makert for amazing fruit and beautiful flowers if you have a lady friend.

Tips: AVOID anywhere near Seattle during the week around 6am and 4pm, especially I5.... Don't hang around south Seattle/Tacoma at night, you will get raped. Bring your best camera if you are a photographer.
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Travis if you need a couch to crash on you are welcome at my place. About 30 min south of Seattle.

Now to actually answer your questions.

1. where are the best locations to stay at in terms of hotels in the locations i mentioned, price range of around $125 more or less per night and in good places, not somewhere where i will come out in the morning and see my car was stolen or prostitutes are consistently roaming in and out of the door next to mine.

Cheap hotels IN Seattle/Portland are not THAT common and you will typically be in or around an area you may not be thrilled with. I've stayed at hotels in both and have always paid over $200 a night for a decent place. I'm sure Portland/Seattle natives will have more details.

2. what are some great things to see while down in oregon and seattle?

What do you want to see? Seattle is not far from the coast (surfing), not far from the mountains (Skiing/Snowboarding), usual museums, seattle underground, pikes place, spaceneedle, seattle center. etc. For Portland, check out the breweries, downtown, etc.

3. i'm a big eater and love little eateries, so are there any food places that are renown for great food around there?

Voodoo Doughnut in Portland is kind of a cult place. For Seattle Dicks burgers (our in-n-out per say), The breweries in Seattle are fun too (Georgetown, Elysian, etc)

4. where can we meet up for some brooskis and shoot the shit?

The Seattle crew meets every other Thursday in Southcenter, the Tacoma crew meets every wednesday at 7:30pm, always options.

5. any additional information would be much appreciated!

Narrow down what you like to do and I'm sure we can help more
            Last edited by James Crivellone; 10-08-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Down to meet up for brewskis and cruise the town when you hit PDX. Hit me up!

Bahama Beige E23 Project
              Bluebird Bus Conversion
              New Oregon Trail

Comment

Definetly dicks on Broadway dinner and a show for under 5 bucks

Comment

awesome! this is in oregon yes? what part?

Originally posted by mr.bennett View Post
                  +1

If you want food cart style for lunch check out the grilled cheese grill for a cheesus
                  i'm sadly actose intolerance. :(

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  If you want decent pizza Zekes and The Rock are good. Plenty of local brew around here. And if you want cheaper hotel don't stay downtown Seattle, try Lynnwood/shoreline. There is a quality inn that is decent on 205th/ballinger. Aruora ave/99 is all slum except for scoreline area so don't book a hotel on it.
                  More eats: blue moon burgers, the berliner for doner kebabs that are delish

go to the Columbia tower skydeck if you can, its pretty cool, especially at night. Better view then silly needle. Pikes place makert for amazing fruit and beautiful flowers if you have a lady friend.

Tips: AVOID anywhere near Seattle during the week around 6am and 4pm, especially I5.... Don't hang around south Seattle/Tacoma at night, you will get raped. Bring your best camera if you are a photographer.
                  awesome, thanks for that. i'll definitely yelp the fooderies and the inn. i've been led to sketch inns before even though it's been rated very well on interwebs before.

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                  Travis if you need a couch to crash on you are welcome at my place. About 30 min south of Seattle.

Now to actually answer your questions.
                  thanks james, i really appreciate the offer! i was hoping to see the forests, shores, mountains and all that nature goodness. but anything that would be famous in washington and oregon. anything that i should see if i were to be heading down there to check out.

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                  Down to meet up for brewskis and cruise the town when you hit PDX. Hit me up!
                  awesome! sounds good!

Originally posted by camip View Post
                  Definetly dicks on Broadway dinner and a show for under 5 bucks
                  is there anything but dicks and show?
                  Last edited by ethrtyiS; 10-09-2012, 11:09 AM.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                  my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                    i know i don't belong here but.i'm a big eater .where can we meet up for some brooskis and shoot the shit?
                    any additional information would be much appreciated!

thanks guys!
                    :giggle:

Comment

get out of here ben!

my feedback thread

Comment

lactose and tolerant? lolwut

Comment

Please stop suggesting Voodoo Donuts, they suck ballz twelve ways from Sunday. You know how you can tell a out of towner? They are standing in line like an idiot for a shitty doughnut with stupid crap thrown on it at Voodoo Donuts.

If you do decide to waste time standing in line there, make sure to pic out the beard hairs from the frosting before you bite in..

Now that we got that out of the way..

Places to see or visit: The Oregon Coast (I will even lump Long Beach in since it's pretty damn cool as well.) In fact, take Hwy 101 any chance you can from Seattle in to Oregon. Then swing out to the old Columbia Gorge Hwy, you will have a blast on the drive. Then swing out to the Maryhill Museum, where you can check Stonehenge!

Stuff to see around town:

Forest Park
                          Alberta Arts district
                          Pittock Mansion
                          Mt Tabor
                          Oregon Forestry Center
                          The Air Museum off Hwy 6 (the Spruce Goose and a ton of other cool shit!)
                          Wander around downtown Oregon City

If you got time, drive up to see Timberline Lodge. They are celebrating a huge birthday this year, and they have a ton of cool displays up there right now.

There is also ton's of Breweries (both large and small) as well as some great food places around Alberta, Mississippi, and the Pearl district. Stay away from Hawthorne unless you like your hippies smelly.

If you are a smelly hippie, then by all means go to Hawthorne. Then hit the Wellness Center (nude group bath's) further north on 33rd, or hit Bagbee Hot springs.

But for the love of all that is holy avoid Voodoo Donuts.
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            Please stop suggesting Voodoo Donuts, they suck ballz twelve ways from Sunday. You know how you can tell a out of towner? They are standing in line like an idiot for a shitty doughnut with stupid crap thrown on it at Voodoo Donuts.

If you do decide to waste time standing in line there, make sure to pic out the beard hairs from the frosting before you bite in..

Now that we got that out of the way..

Places to see or visit: The Oregon Coast (I will even lump Long Beach in since it's pretty damn cool as well.) In fact, take Hwy 101 any chance you can from Seattle in to Oregon. Then swing out to the old Columbia Gorge Hwy, you will have a blast on the drive. Then swing out to the Maryhill Museum, where you can check Stonehenge!

Stuff to see around town:

Forest Park
                            Alberta Arts district
                            Pittock Mansion
                            Mt Tabor
                            Oregon Forestry Center
                            The Air Museum off Hwy 6 (the Spruce Goose and a ton of other cool shit!)
                            Wander around downtown Oregon City

If you got time, drive up to see Timberline Lodge. They are celebrating a huge birthday this year, and they have a ton of cool displays up there right now.

There is also ton's of Breweries (both large and small) as well as some great food places around Alberta, Mississippi, and the Pearl district. Stay away from Hawthorne unless you like your hippies smelly.

If you are a smelly hippie, then by all means go to Hawthorne. Then hit the Wellness Center (nude group bath's) further north on 33rd, or hit Bagbee Hot springs.

But for the love of all that is holy avoid Voodoo Donuts.
                            Agreed. Fuck voodoo donuts.
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Eh, sometimes checking out a random thing like that as an out of towner is interesting, hence why I mentioned it.

I never go up in the Space Needle anymore, only the tourists do.. still recommend it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X