Wanting to move to the PNW, looking for advice/recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
    Seattle has NW Pinball/Arcade Expo, I got to meet Walter Day and Steve Wiebe at the 2011 show
    Also host PAX as well.

Comment

I would rather move back to the midwest than live in tacoma

Comment

^ Have you ever lived in Tacoma? That's the usual response for most people who never lived here. Most people who live here love it. Tacoma itself isn't as crime infested as most people think. Most of the crime comes from surrounding towns like Lakewood, Spanaway, etc. North Tacoma is pretty awesome. I could on and on about the perks of living in Tacoma compared to Seattle or even Portland but, you'd just have to see for yourself.

Comment

Tacoma Is tight! Got family in the titlow area and lived there for a brief moment, all I could say is it was really nice. The whole crime thing is all what its made up to be either. Major things I noticed in Tacoma was every neighborhood was really community driven. Honestly hilltop wasn't even that bad either atleast while I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
            Thanks for the detailed reply jbird. I definitely like getting first hand info from you guys.
            Like I said, I really want to make a trip to the e30 picnic this coming year, maybe take a week off work and spend a few days in Washington/Oregon either before the picnic or after to check things out.
            When is the picnic and where?

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
            i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
             - my friend, Número Veintiséis

Comment

From what I read about the perks of the PNW is that weed is legal, lol.

It seems important.
              Giersdorf, Terry.

Kassel Motorsports, your local European Performance shop!

1987 Lachssilber-Metallic/Cardinal Red Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by JBird View Post
                When is the picnic and where?
                Late June in Tacoma I believe

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                  ^ Have you ever lived in Tacoma? That's the usual response for most people who never lived here. Most people who live here love it. Tacoma itself isn't as crime infested as most people think. Most of the crime comes from surrounding towns like Lakewood, Spanaway, etc. North Tacoma is pretty awesome. I could on and on about the perks of living in Tacoma compared to Seattle or even Portland but, you'd just have to see for yourself.
                  Fact^ I love tacoma, Cool people, less crime, pretty neighborhoods in northend with cheap houses. Great views and great driving roads. You'll love Tacoma!

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    -You like good food not available in the midwest.
                    -relatives that live here
                    -business reasons

Other then that, there is not much difference to be found from Minnisota vs the PNW
                    lol, MN vs. the PNW... yeah, they are so similar aside from the food/jobs available.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      Seattle and Portland are like good friends; we talk sh*t, but will always support one another. It just emphasize the isolationist attitude we have, ok for Seattle people to say Portland has always wanted to try to be Seattle, and Portlander's saying we are better because a smaller, friendlier town; but if some outsider talks down to one, the other has their back! It's why we wear the PNW badge with pride in either state!
                      The mutual hatred of California and all things Californian helps a bit too ;-)
                      -------------------------------------------------
                      1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
                      2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

If you insist to know the difference between Portland and Seattle, just think as if you are choosing a blonde or a brunette. What matter most is variety, not just stuck with one and not having the other.

Comment

Its not just those two cities. Im interested in the whole area.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

nope, just the two.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

You could always come to Idaho.

Comment

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
                                Its not just those two cities. Im interested in the whole area.
                                You should check out Olympia, WA then. It's just like Portland only smaller and near the Puget Sound and Seattle. :)

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
                                i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
                                 - my friend, Número Veintiséis

Comment

Working...
                                X