FS: 1986 M20B27 325e Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1986 M20B27 325e Engine

Was running before pulled. Have a video clip of it running. Only 135K on the odometer. Didn't clean it up so you can see what it looks like. Doesn't come with the alternator, PS pump or A/C compressor.

Head gasket looks good. Will probably need a pan gasket, valve gasket and a valve adjustment.

Need it gone.....$150. Don't want to ship it. Located 1/2 hour from Seattle.
    Attached Files

Obo, trades are welcome too!

Comment

^^

Comment

Can you send a vid of the engine running to dubsixjmac@dubsixjmac@Gmail.com

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Sent you some videos!

Comment

I have a high mileage m20b25... Looking to get another motor soon... Would this be compatible or would I need other parts to make it work in my car(tranny,ecu, etc...)??? I have an 88' 325iX by the way
            Last edited by March25iX; 01-15-2013, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Totally not compatible unless you swap the DME, all the sensors, etc etc etc it's a swap not many people go with. You can check the motor swap section for methods to make it work, but no, it's not worth your time to do.
              Anti sigpic Stance

Comment

Originally posted by March25iX View Post
                I have a high mileage m20b25... Looking to get another motor soon... Would this be compatible or would I need other parts to make it work in my car(tranny,ecu, etc...)??? I have an 88' 325iX by the way
                Originally posted by nny403 View Post
                Totally not compatible unless you swap the DME, all the sensors, etc etc etc it's a swap not many people go with. You can check the motor swap section for methods to make it work, but no, it's not worth your time to do.
                Also the iX uses a different block and oil pan setup than the standard 2WD E30

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Well, if I had the extra cash and space to put it, I would snatch this up. :/

GLWS!
                  Sparkle' - Strategic Alpin Command

Originally posted by markseven
                  That right there is why everyone loves E30s.
                  Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
                  no fat dudes. car will scrape
                  Originally posted by Ryann
                  Stacey in yoga pants. Discuss.

Comment

Thanks! Motivated to sell! Make some offers.

Comment

Did it overheat at all? The rad fan looks a bit tatered. Interested and my garage is in fall city.

Comment

The blades were brittle when we pulled it so I busted them off. It did have some front end damage and the fan did come in contact with the rad but it was minor and the rad didn't leak. What stopped the car in the end was all of the shifter linkage was shot and it was stuck in 3rd gear. I wanted the transmission and parts for a 5 speed swap.
                        The engine is just up the hill from Adarra golf course. Come and see it

Comment

Working...
                        X