• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
      I'm no kid here, sorry.
      Word, kid is a maturity level not anything to do with age

Damn page 2 and no OP, guess he went to take more doggy style pics
      Last edited by EN318isPDX; 01-10-2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

No offense meant to you, spiDmang, more of a general consensus I've noticed from my time spent in the E30 scene. I should have phrased it better, so I will do that now. This is my own opinion.

People are buying these 20 year old cars for insanely high prices, 5000 dollars plus for a 20 year old German car. Most of the time with little issues. A lot of this is due to the "drift tax" placed on older cheap RWD vehicles, a great example is the 240sx. This tends to lead to teens and young adults looking to get into the car scene to gravitate toward these vehicles due to their fun to dollar ratio. These relatively inexperienced car purchasers sometimes fail to realize what they are getting into with regards to maintenance costs vs vehicle upgrades. Often times they do not realize that a 20 year old car will need hundreds if not thousands of dollars put into it to be a reliable car on a daily basis. This routine maintenance is skipped in favor of "fun parts" like suspension upgrades and wheels. Many times this will lead to a car that looks fantastic on the outside but is not exactly perfect on the inside, "good enough" some might say. To the inexperienced eye this can look like a fantastic deal: getting a fun, rear wheel drive toy car that looks great. The underlying issues are often not addressed by the inexperienced car enthusiast and are often times passed onto the new owner, sometimes unwittingly. This can lead to an inexperienced seller passing off the buck to the new buyer. This issue can sometimes be squashed by bringing along a seasoned mechanic or organizing a PPI.

To delve further into this, I think it is a shame these cars are becoming accessories for a crowd less concerned with having fun with their vehicles and more concerned with how many hits they can get on a website or how cool they look driving them.

Moral of the story is, I've been that kid buying a car without knowing what to look for and having to dump money (sometimes my parents) into the vehicle so I could get from point A to point B. I've also been on the other side of the equation. I guess this is more of a rant than anything, but to relate it to the thread: OP, whether spiDmang disclosed the issues or not, it is your responsibility as a car buyer to take care of the issues once the bill of sale was signed. I assume the car was sold with no warranty which makes the repairs the buyers responsibility as long as nothing was misrepresented in this private party transaction. That being said, spiDmang, you should step away from this situation and this thread should be locked. It is the OP's car now and he can sell it for whatever he likes.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
          No offense meant to you, spiDmang, more of a general consensus I've noticed from my time spent in the E30 scene. I should have phrased it better, so I will do that now. This is my own opinion.

People are buying these 20 year old cars for insanely high prices, 5000 dollars plus for a 20 year old German car. Most of the time with little issues. A lot of this is due to the "drift tax" placed on older cheap RWD vehicles, a great example is the 240sx. This tends to lead to teens and young adults looking to get into the car scene to gravitate toward these vehicles due to their fun to dollar ratio. These relatively inexperienced car purchasers sometimes fail to realize what they are getting into with regards to maintenance costs vs vehicle upgrades. Often times they do not realize that a 20 year old car will need hundreds if not thousands of dollars put into it to be a reliable car on a daily basis. This routine maintenance is skipped in favor of "fun parts" like suspension upgrades and wheels. Many times this will lead to a car that looks fantastic on the outside but is not exactly perfect on the inside, "good enough" some might say. To the inexperienced eye this can look like a fantastic deal: getting a fun, rear wheel drive toy car that looks great. The underlying issues are often not addressed by the inexperienced car enthusiast and are often times passed onto the new owner, sometimes unwittingly. This can lead to an inexperienced seller passing off the buck to the new buyer. This issue can sometimes be squashed by bringing along a seasoned mechanic or organizing a PPI.

To delve further into this, I think it is a shame these cars are becoming accessories for a crowd less concerned with having fun with their vehicles and more concerned with how many hits they can get on a website or how cool they look driving them.

Moral of the story is, I've been that kid buying a car without knowing what to look for and having to dump money (sometimes my parents) into the vehicle so I could get from point A to point B. I've also been on the other side of the equation. I guess this is more of a rant than anything, but to relate it to the thread: OP, whether spiDmang disclosed the issues or not, it is your responsibility as a car buyer to take care of the issues once the bill of sale was signed. I assume the car was sold with no warranty which makes the repairs the buyers responsibility as long as nothing was misrepresented in this private party transaction. That being said, spiDmang, you should step away from this situation and this thread should be locked. It is the OP's car now and he can sell it for whatever he likes.
          Very well put Danny. As for the vehicle at hand that OP decided to bring up is a blast from the past and has no relevance to this thread
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Guess it was a good choice to stay away from this sub forum for a bit. Good God, man.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Wow Danny. Astute. Mature.

Comment

He really went for it.

Comment

R3V is always full of win!!

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                    I bet your mommy bought Dan's car.
                    I was there when Dan sold it... kids dad paid for the car

At least i snatched the rear breyton valance from this car before Dan sold it :D

1989 Zinno 325i S50 ZF320

Comment

LOLz at this thread/OP. Very entertaining tho, makes lurking more fun haha
                      Driving:1990 325iS, 2007 335i :devil:
                      past BMWs: 1987 325iS turbo, 1989 325i, 1995 525i, 2000 328CI, 2001 540i, 2008 135i

Comment

Originally posted by AirplaneBuilder View Post
                        I was there when Dan sold it... kids dad paid for the car

At least i snatched the rear breyton valance from this car before Dan sold it :D

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post

People are buying these 20 year old cars for insanely high prices, 5000 dollars plus for a 20 year old German car. Most of the time with little issues. A lot of this is due to the "drift tax" placed on older cheap RWD vehicles, a great example is the 240sx. This tends to lead to teens and young adults looking to get into the car scene to gravitate toward these vehicles due to their fun to dollar ratio.
                          Hear hear. It's a shame to see so many destroyed. Also, please add "hellaflush" to your thoughts please.
                          Anti sigpic Stance

Comment

Originally posted by smokemhontas View Post
                            Hahahahahaha oh so you disclosed the over heating issue? And that it didn't even have a clutch fan? Or that subframe the diff mounts to was cracked halfway down the middle? And correction, I got $3800 for it, I paid 3, fuck off
                            Go home you're ugly.

Comment

this thread delivers. haha. r3v is awesome.

Comment

Which Dan are we talking about

Comment

Working...
                                X