Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: iX Front Axle (Dad grenades his, pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: iX Front Axle (Dad grenades his, pics)

So, Dad is visiting me in Seattle a few days after he grenades his front left axle into two distinct pieces. There might be a third piece somewhere, but he couldn't find it.

Anyway, does anyone have a used iX front left axle that they are looking to get rid of in the Seattle area? It'd be awesome if I could meet you someplace within a half hour of Ballard this weekend.

Portland area guys feel free to PM what you have since he lives 90 minutes from Downtown. Y'all are just less convenient for pickup so I'm hitting the Seattle guys up first :)
    I finally got him to join me at the picnic last year and now he's hooked, but no axle, no attending this year! Thanks guys!
    -------------------------------------------------
    1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
    2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Wow thats gnarly! Glad that was all the damage done!

Comment

I've got a spare set of Front Axles, that need to be rebooted/regreased but it took my forever to get a full set, and want to hold onto them for the next time I tear my boots (Lowered iX = be prepared for minimal downtime.)

We're tearing down an 88 Alpine iX this Saturday. Impact was at the front driver side of the car so i'll see what kind of shape it's in and let you know. My coworker (owner of the car) says if it's good he's asking 250.00 (NLA and not really looking to sell it TBH.) for it. Otherwise he's going the same route I went and holding onto spare for his other iX.

Cliffs Note: Meet me Saturday Night or Sunday with 250.00 and i'll have an axle for you. I'll keep you posted on the condition. I also have inner and outer boot kits with grease if the boots are torn or whatever. No we don't take that Freedom Bux BS.
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
        We're tearing down an 88 Alpine iX this Saturday. Impact was at the front driver side of the car so i'll see what kind of shape it's in and let you know. My coworker (owner of the car) says if it's good he's asking 250.00 (NLA and not really looking to sell it TBH.) for it. Otherwise he's going the same route I went and holding onto spare for his other iX.
        The NLA and TBH line sort of confuses me. AFAIK NLA = No Longer Available and TBH = To Be Honest?

Don't go too far out of your way on my account, as I can't promise a sale as I'm not the buy, only that I have a buyer. $250 sounds fair though, so he'll probably bite unless we find someone that has few reservations, or you PM saying that you'd very much rather have $250 :)

Cliffs Note: Meet me Saturday Night or Sunday with 250.00 and i'll have an axle for you. I'll keep you posted on the condition. I also have inner and outer boot kits with grease if the boots are torn or whatever. No we don't take that Freedom Bux BS.
        I'm sure we'd regrease and reboot them, regardless of the shape they are in. So if you have the kit and want to sell it for less than Pelican, great. You couldn't get my Freedom Bux if you begged. Where are you located, or want to meet me?

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

I live near Northgate Mall, about five minutes from the Dicks' I met you at for the first time. Yes we could meet, PM me and we'll figure it all out.

Yes, NLA is No longer available and TBH is To be honest. My bad! Lol
          I'll figure something out on the Boot Kits. I'll beat Pelican's price. I've got them in my garage.
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Try and let us know before Saturday Morning because we're going to start tearing into it early Saturday. They will be pulling the engine and trans, i'll pull the axles if your dad decides to bite.
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
              Try and let us know before Saturday Morning because we're going to start tearing into it early Saturday. They will be pulling the engine and trans, i'll pull the axles if your dad decides to bite.
              I'll let you know before Friday is over. And Northgate is close, I can totally pick it up from wherever, no need to meet half way. I'm only about 4 minutes from Dicks' :)

sigpic

Comment

Axle acquired! Thanks to kid325e for being awesome.

sigpic

Comment

It's hard being so awesome.

Is it back on the road? Feel free to text me/call with any questions on removal and install. Cheers.
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                  X