ARP now offering head stud kit for M20

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MR 325
    replied
    VAC never made them.

    Leave a comment:


  • nny403
    replied
    Are these still made by VAC and marketed as ARP studs?

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by SkiFree
    Alright, got the new kit in. We were determining how it differed to what we're already selling (and to see if we shouldn't just sell the official ARP kit to make it easier on us).

    It looks like ARP went a little conservative on the block-side thread length, not bad but not ideal for what we've seen. IE will continue to sell the kit we have been, except with the addition of washers (to make Matt happy). Price will not change.
    And this is why I like you/IE!

    Leave a comment:


  • SkiFree
    replied
    Alright, got the new kit in. We were determining how it differed to what we're already selling (and to see if we shouldn't just sell the official ARP kit to make it easier on us).

    It looks like ARP went a little conservative on the block-side thread length, not bad but not ideal for what we've seen. IE will continue to sell the kit we have been, except with the addition of washers (to make Matt happy). Price will not change.

    Leave a comment:


  • djjerme
    replied
    I won't mention any names, but I know of a few cars already running them. There was a big long email chain last season which I think Olsen and I went round and round about. It's technically not a performance advantage, and they can sort of fall under the clause of performing the same role as a stock part..

    IIRC at the NASCAR race/roundtable it got skipped over because of the Diff ratio and ECU topics.

    Leave a comment:


  • seatown88
    replied
    Originally posted by bmnut2002
    Didn't that pass for this season? I'll have to go back and look.
    I don't think it made it to the vote, I just looked through the previous memo and nothing was mentioned. It would be a good proposal for next year I feel.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Have you found issue with reusing the OEM washer?
    No I'm sure it's fine but I prefer the complete ARP kit. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • karlofkassel
    replied
    ok mlarsen shoot me a email kasselmotorsports@gmail.com

    Leave a comment:


  • Mlarsen
    replied
    There is an issue with R3v and chrome. It's not allowing me to send pm's

    Leave a comment:


  • Cabriolet
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    The only problem with the IE version is they do not include the ARP washers. OEM washers must be re-used.

    Top End Performance sells the kit on eBay for $225 shipped.
    Have you found issue with reusing the OEM washer?

    Leave a comment:


  • karlofkassel
    replied
    mlarsen lol shoot me a pm

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    The only problem with the IE version is they do not include the ARP washers. OEM washers must be re-used.

    Top End Performance sells the kit on eBay for $225 shipped.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mlarsen
    replied
    I can send you my resell certificate to dodge those pesky taxes as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • karlofkassel
    replied
    Mlarsen pm for pricing since your local!

    Leave a comment:


  • bmnut2002
    replied
    Originally posted by 04 Rabbit Man
    Not Legal in PRO3 but it should be. I know a few cars that are running them in class.
    Didn't that pass for this season? I'll have to go back and look.

    Leave a comment:

Working...