Portland machine shop recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portland machine shop recommendations

Looking to get my flywheel resurfaced and possibly lightened also, where should I go?

Where in portland? In milwaukie off river road, ricks cylinder heads does flywheels for good prices.

Comment

Portland metro area

Comment

Don's Machine Shop on 213th and Stark did my buddy's machine work on an m20 fly for $50.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          Don's Machine Shop on 213th and Stark did my buddy's machine work on an m20 fly for $50.
          I've heard sand paper works for heads so it should work on a flywheel ;)

Comment

lawl

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Will they lighten or will they tell me it's too much of a liability

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
                Will they lighten or will they tell me it's too much of a liability
                No, they will. They were the only shop who didn't give me a bunch of bullshit or any excuses. They shaved his down to the ring gear on the back.

Comment

I used to use Don's back in the early 90's for machine work on several motors I built including a Ford 4-cylinder turbo, and a butt load of Small Block Chevy's. They were no nonsense and most often is was cash transactions.. Not sure if the same guys are still there, but they would pretty much do whatever you wanted.

Some of the BMW guys have used a shop downtown, but I have no experience with them so can't help.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    I used to use Don's back in the early 90's for machine work on several motors I built including a Ford 4-cylinder turbo, and a butt load of Small Block Chevy's. They were no nonsense and most often is was cash transactions.. Not sure if the same guys are still there, but they would pretty much do whatever you wanted.

Some of the BMW guys have used a shop downtown, but I have no experience with them so can't help.
                    That was the vibe I got, too. Good guys there.

Comment

Kool thanks for the input, Don's sounds legit

Comment

Working...
                      X