Clear All

20K bmw or toyota?

Lets see what R3V always has to say! =]

just saw it on CL...

1988 325is S50 in-progress.
    http://www.facebook.com/E30LocalCrew
    Few pictures:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255061

Engine bay appears to be coated in years of grime. If you're going to ask 20K for a car at least clean it first.
    1990 BMW 325is 5spd Black
    2005 Subaru Impreza 5spd
    2015 Yamaha FZ-07

Comment

Sweet car, love the mtech 1.

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Really? I'd maybe pay $7-$8k. Not much of a 2jz person.....seems all Fast and Furious. I guess I'm more of a purist....I'd rather have a BMW drive train.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Could just be the pictures but the paint is terrible

For 20k I'd expect the bay to be clean, Look at the hoses pointlessly looped and an adapter on that top radiator hose. The wires need to be cleaned up. Oil line to turbo is way too long. I am guessing this guy browses r3v so i'll say. Finish that shit up before you ask show car prices. Sick car nonetheless

Comment

Originally posted by I8UR911 View Post
            Really? I'd maybe pay $7-$8k. Not much of a 2jz person.....seems all Fast and Furious. I guess I'm more of a purist....I'd rather have a BMW drive train.
            Finally, another BMW drivetrain person! I was looking at a couple complete s85 today with 6 speed for 9... I don know why some people would wanna go with an ls3 instead? The s85 makes more ten enough owner for the car!
            sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
            1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
            1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
            1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
            (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
            1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
            2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
            2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by I8UR911 View Post
              Not much of a 2jz person.....seems all Fast and Furious. I guess I'm more of a purist....I'd rather have a BMW drive train.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
              Werd.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
                I don know why some people would wanna go with an ls3 instead? The s85 makes more ten enough owner for the car!
                Some people take the marque out of the equation and purely look at the numbers like power, weight, availability, cost, etc. Different people in different situations make different decisions. Not hating either way, just saying.
                1991 318i SOLD
                2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

It's not how you clean the engine bay of your car.. It's how you drive your car.

Comment

This is like The Crying Game. Sort of attractive from a distance, then open the hood and find out the junk in the trunk ain't what you expected! yikes.
                    Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
                    www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Comment

According to the ad he says the body is flawless. It wouldn't take much to make that look clean and sorted. Factoring in the going rate for a stock e30 let alone an mtech 1 car, 20k isn't that far off. Maybe 15k.

Comment

No matter how you feel, clean it up for god's sake..

20K could be gotten, but he needs to spend $100 detailing the engine bay. If you are going to ask top dollar for a car, do yourself a favor, spend some time cleaning it up, and get more than just two photos on the ad.
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by lance racing View Post
                          this is like the crying game. Sort of attractive from a distance, then open the hood and find out the junk in the trunk ain't what you expected! Yikes.
                          haha

Comment

He lost me at "316i lightest BMW ever made ".
                            -------------------------------------------------
                            1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
                            2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

Japan lens type headlights
                              BBS original wheels with Pzeros
                              I blind on coming drivers because? _______ Or I can't loosen the three set screws and adjust them to LHD vs RHD.

Never seen those on an e30 New. Damn 316's got 5 lug to go with super light weight.
                              or adapters and Drum rear brakes.

Wonder what the vin is?
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X