FS 1986 325e. 4dr, 5spd, bronzit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS 1986 325e. 4dr, 5spd, bronzit.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Car is back for sale again. I now have the clean title in my hands. See updates below in bold from today 9/29/13.

In a nutshell:
    1986 BMW 325e
    225,000 miles on working odometer
    5spd, 4dr, bronzit
    Asking $600
    Located in Keizer oregon
    2.93 LSD
    Runs and drives

This car was my daily driver from 1/2009 until 11/2012. Car was parked because it wouldn't stay running any longer than 5 minutes. Car starts and runs, I let it idle today(9/29/2013) for 25 minutes with no problems and took it around the block a few times and everything seems okay.

Some problems with the car:
    Ignition wont turn the car over, I have it ghetto rigged right now to bypass the ignition, this is easily removed though (see blue and green wires in engine bay pictures). The ignition slowly stared working intermittently, after I replaced the starter I was never able to get it to start with the ignition again. The running issue (runs for 5 mins then dies) appeared at this time.
    I think both these problems might be caused by a faulty ECU but I have not had the oppertunity to verified this. ECU replaced 9/29, I was unable to replicate the randomly dying issue, the ignition still wont start the car
    The ICV is faulty and causes the car to idle at around 1500rpm. Ive cleaned it out and couple time and it fixes it for a few hours but then it starts sticking open again. Today the idle was a little rough and hovered around 600
    The car will come on 4 very old bottlecaps, one of them is the origional spare. Its best to consider them rollers only.
    The back passenger corner was victim of a hit and run and has since started to rust. the taillight was replaced but does not seal.
    There dent on the back driver side quarter where a differential I was transporting in my trunk shifted and dented the panel from the inside out.
    Clearcoat is peeling on the trunk.
    Stereo Wasnt working so I stole the premium sound speaker for my other car.
    Registration expired in 12/2012

Maintenance performed under my ownership includes:
    cap, rotor and starter motor replaced 11/2012
    pads and rotors on all 4 corners installed 8/2011
    clutch master cylinder replaced 5/2010
    Brake master cylinder replaced with one from a junkyard part sometime in spring 2009.

The timing belt had unknown miles on it when I bought it in January 2009. Current miles on it now is (unknown +50,000). The car will come with a new timing belt, tensioner and waterpump that I bought and never installed.

I have a pdf history report that I pulled in march 2012 that I can email you.

Here is the history I know. I bought the car from the grandson of the second owner after his grandfather gave him the car as a gift, the grandson never registered the car so I am technically the 3rd owner.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
    Last edited by LivingLegend06; 10-30-2013, 07:32 PM.

Yep, it runs. I turned it off after about a minute, I did not let it go till it died.
    $500 lemons/chump special if you can show that you honestly plan to make this thing into a race car.
    Video:

Gotta love that M20 tick.

Comment

Hey man, I posted this to the PRO3 email list. See if we can find this puppy a new home.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Thanks DJ.

I'm really want this car to live on instead of being parted out and crushed. Its a solid rust free car except for a little surface rust on the body due to my own negligence and there is no reason it cant be saved.

If someone in the area has a eta DME and ICV id love to see if I can get this thing running right before I pass it along.

Comment

I have a dme in pdx

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
            I have a dme in pdx
            I'm interested, I will PM you for details.

Car also has a 2.93 LSD if I'm reading this correctly. It did seem to get the back end out pretty easy in the rain but I'm sure the 10+ year old all seasons didn't hurt.

Comment

BUMP, see updates in first post. Someone come get it this weekend.

Comment

Hmmm
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

wish i was closer goodluck!
                  sigpic

Comment

No one local want this?
                    Interesting trades considered.

Comment

Pm me I might snag it
                      Originally posted by bmwm42
                      PNW vulture pm me for parts
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

PMed.

Comment

Last chance before this goes on craigslist.

Comment

Did that dme work out for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                              Did that dme work out for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Well it seems to idle smoother now and the one time I let it run for a while it did not die. It did not fix the ignition. Its hard to say if it fixed anything or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X