No announcement yet.

STOLEN - 1986 M-Tech I Panzer Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you guys go your shares and posts. There are a lot of details that are rather hard to go through and post ATM. I'm limited to my phone as we won be settled into our new house until the 10-12th with my computer etc. Hence why the car was in storage.

The car was much more complete than that last full chassis picture. I wasn't wanting to post more until it was complete. Now I'm regretting every step I've taken in the last few months.

More eyes means more hope.
    sigpic

Comment

Dang! I hope op you get it back all intact and may the perpetrators be nabbed.

Comment

Posted it on my facebook and also let a few of my craigslist happy friends know what to look out for.

My condolences buddy, hopefully the scum gets found.
        87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

This sad issue got me thinking about invisible microdots - sorry op coz i know this is a little late and I saw that you had some rare parts on the car, and this goes to everybody who would wants to keep their stuff recoverable especially rare ones and at the same time deterring people from stealing.

BTW am non-affiliated but there should be other similar products.

Comment

Wow, so sorry to hear Curt!

I posted this up on my personal Facebook page, the shop's page, and my photography page.

Some people just need to be shot! So fucked up! :hitler:

I hope you get it all back in one piece. Best of luck.
            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

hey man i didnt read the thread, but if you had help building this car, or anyone and i mean anyone who you know or had invited to the locker you need to look at, because quite frankly, if the person knew which storage unit, and location the car was at, it is someone you had very close to this project.

hope you find it, very low of who ever is the thief.

Comment

Originally posted by RondoAcapriccio View Post
                hey man i didnt read the thread, but if you had help building this car, or anyone and i mean anyone who you know or had invited to the locker you need to look at, because quite frankly, if the person knew which storage unit, and location the car was at, it is someone you had very close to this project.

hope you find it, very low of who ever is the thief.
                The picture outside the storage unit was posted on instagram. It has the number in the pic. I wouldn't start suspecting friends that could cause problems. anyone that has an idea of where the curt lives could have found the car.

Comment

Those are some pretty rare stuff, I am sure you have thought about this but just voicing my thoughts... seeing as how its a rare small diameter wheel in the US, wouldnt that make it easily identifiable on an ebay listing ? All small diameter m tech wheels I have ever seen were from outside the US and seeing one on ebay shipped from the same state would be pretty convincing in my book.

This might also apply to other rare parts stolen but I am just familiar with the wheel...

edit: condolences from someone who has had this happen to :(

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
                  I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by joncrz View Post
                    Those are some pretty rare stuff, I am sure you have thought about this but just voicing my thoughts... seeing as how its a rare small diameter wheel in the US, wouldnt that make it easily identifiable on an ebay listing ? All small diameter m tech wheels I have ever seen were from outside the US and seeing one on ebay shipped from the same state would be pretty convincing in my book.

This might also apply to other rare parts stolen but I am just familiar with the wheel...

edit: condolences from someone who has had this happen to :(
                    Ahhh! For the record, that said could be true but I have a small M tech wheel that might be coming on the market n am in the same state as seen in my early for sale thread.. but I understand.

Comment

OP, I'd sue the storage company. They obviously didn't have the proper security to protect the property. If you can't get the car back, you might be able to get back the money you put into it. Again, sorry to hear that your car got jacked. Hope it returns in one piece.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Hate the fact that there are those among us who feel the need to do these kinds of things. Sorry for your loss and hope the strength of this community can help locate everything.
                        - Greg
                        α Team Founding Member
                        1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                        2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

I shared deutschman's original Kinja post publicly on G+.

I know I'd be crushed if something like this happened to me. I really hope it's found.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by gath View Post
                            Ahhh! For the record, that said could be true but I have a small M tech wheel that might be coming on the market n am in the same state as seen in my early for sale thread.. but I understand.
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295215
                            Dang.. and I had my pitchfork ready and sharpened... oh well

My don't quote me list:

Originally posted by george graves
                            I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a smog test type of thing. IIRC think it's against CA law to *sell* a dual outlet muffler as a replacement for a car that came from the factory with a single. But don't quote me on that.

Comment

I hate seeing shit like this. I know the feeling, I hope its found along with the criminals!

Comment

I'll keep my eye out!

Very sad to see this.

Comment

Working...
                                X