STOLEN - 1986 M-Tech I Panzer Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STOLEN - 1986 M-Tech I Panzer Project

I have been barely coherent with sadness and rage the last few days. I can still barely say the words, but my project Panzer E30 was stolen from a storage unit the night of July 30th.

Whoever it was, either was an employee of the storage unit, or an e30 guy as they even took items out of boxes and put them into the car. Someone who had seen me putting the car together or been watching my build thread was the only way this could have happened.

I attached two shots from the surveillance video showing the best views. Pretty much showing I am up a creek. The police have been little help, but there isnt much they can do I guess. I am just getting to the point of accepting it.

The thief cut a lock on a side entrance for semi trucks, and was seen on camera in the fenced property at 12:15am, 15 minutes later my car was sitting outside of my storage unit with the door being pulled down. It looks like they used a hammer, a grinder and a cutter to get past my lock. There is no shot of them leaving the property, but the car was seen the following day on a flatbed trailer being pulled behind a white Chevy 3500 on 257th and Stark St heading towards Troutdale. This is the last news I have heard.

I have called my insurance companies, but I dont think I am covered for this anyhow.

Look for the rare easy to sell bits too -

M-Tech I stuff
    Bronze glass
    Glass moonroof
    E30 m3 Susp on Ground Control Coils and Bilsteins
    Small diam M-tech steering wheel
    Optima Batteries
    New sedan door and trim gaskets
    Brand new Bosch Smilies with Hella US Highs
    5x120 Black BMW steelies 17x8.5
    m20b27 crate motor with Duplicolor Bronze VC and intake mani
    SuperSprint Magnum rear muffler

These are the most easily identifiable things.

Please keep your eyes open and your CL and other connections watched. I want my car back. Imagine this last shot of it, but with a trunk, bumpers, trim, and all the glass. I could hardly believe it all last night and am still in shock. I was planning to unveil it at the Motorfest show on the 10th.

Sorry if any of this is confusing, my mind is still going in 100 different directions.

If you see anything or hear anything, email me links e30_groupie at hotmail.com or call me at Five Oh Three 975 0671
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Van Westervelt; 02-10-2014, 06:46 PM.
    sigpic

Fuck those guys man, that seriously blows, so many rare parts in one build just had to choose the car I've been looking forward to seeing completed the most...

My condolences, hope they find the bastards
    Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
    Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
    Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

I feel like throwing up when I see this :(

My heart breaks for you, sir.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

wow that seriously sucks ass, it would suck worse if it was an r3v member
        88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

I can see why the cops can not do anything with those surveillance camera images. Worse than big foot pictures. I bet the storage company bought the cheapest cameras just to meat insurance requirements.
          So are there any shops in the direction the truck was headed that deal in Euro parts/cars?
          Can you get this put up on Jalopnik for some media coverage?
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            I feel like throwing up when I see this :(

My heart breaks for you, sir.
            +1 so fucked up.

Comment

Was it loaded on trailer or was It able to be driven off?

Also have you asked nearby business to view surveillance video
              Originally posted by bmwm42
              PNW vulture pm me for parts
              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

It was able to be driven off. It was seen the following day on a trailer.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

That sucks. I wish you luck getting your parts back.
                  Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

OMG this is the worst. I'd think of every place within a day's driving distance that would have interest in it. And of course post this on every BMW forum imaginable.

Hope the guys are caught.
                    My Feedback

Comment

Just put this up on Jalopnik. Dont know if anyone will see it or if it will help but I thought it might be worth a try.
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Vlad
                        Originally posted by bmwm42
                        PNW vulture pm me for parts
                        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Don't give up. Throw out flyers, rewards, anything. Contact local news and radio stations. A guy not too long ago had his FJ60 stolen with his puppy still inside. Guy ended up recovering his dog and his truck.
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I will keep my eye out for it.
                            1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

That is fucked up.

Good luck finding it man.

Comment

Working...
                              X