Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Lowering springs/struts for my 84 318

Let me know what you got, thanks in advance

You should upgrade to the 51mm front struts off any 325e or 325i in the front

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      You should upgrade to the 51mm front struts off any 325e or 325i in the front
      I would recommend this, but you can get Bilstein sports in the 45mm application.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I was planning on it when I get back home but I wanted something to make it look good temporarily

Comment

if you dotn care about the struts you have just cut your springs until you get actual lowering springs

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            if you dotn care about the struts you have just cut your springs until you get actual lowering springs
            Dont listen to toes, I have some Eibachs ill let you have for cheap if you want them.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

What makes the larger shocks an upgrade? I wouldn't call adding weight an upgrade. If you're not doing an engine swap any time soon just buy the 45mm shocks BMW designed your car for.

On the other hand, I have a set of bilstein sports and H&R sports meant for a six cylinder car on my 85 318i and they still lowered the car a little bit, but not as much as most people would be looking for. I had them laying around and the suspension was shot on my car so I gave it a go. Seems fine to me.

Comment

I have a set of used Bilstein sports for the 45mm strut housing!

$120 takes them, located near Tacoma. PM me for my number

Comment

I am going to be getting some springs from Wschnitz and possibly Bilsteins from Dirtsquirt, thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X