Broke something again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke something again....

So earlier this week my alternator went out. Got it back today. Put it in. Everything worked great. The batter light went off, so i was happy, and pretty excited to go drive my car. When i was pulling away from my house, shifting into second, there was a grind. I shift in and out of second a few times and it went away. Started driving it and it didnt happen again. getting close to 164 in auburn past muckleshoot, i decided to burn some rubber. when i popped the clutch it started peeling out and then there was a clunking noise and i immediatly pulled over. I checked to see if my trailing arms were intact and the drive shaft was also secure to the tranny in the back. I got in the car. All gears shift fine. I put it in first and tried driving. with the clutch all the way out, i really had to rev the car to get it to go, took about 20 seconds to get to 10mph. and i rolled on home somehow in 4th. what it seemed like to me was that that my slave cylinder went out, or somehow the clutch locked up, but there was still somekind of clunking sound from the rear left wheel. ill look into it on sunday, but wanted to see what your opinions were first. anyone had this issue?
    Thanks
    Tim

We can't help diagnose it until you get under it and see if anything is broken, or a puddle of fluid on your carpet or under the car, indicating a hydraulic failure.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

There is a small hydraulic leak under the slave

Comment

Sounds like a bad pressure plate. As for the rear, check the upper shock mounts. (or could be as simple as loose lug bolts)
        m106 1990 e30
        e36 daily
        e32 cruiser

Comment

Could have bent the rod that bears against the Clutch arm.

Comment

So all the hydrarlics are fine. Bad pressure plate. since ill have the tranny out, going to get a whole new clutch kit. either stage 2 or stage 3.

Comment

Boom goes the clutch!

Comment

Ouch.
                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Dang. Hope mine doesn't look like that. Ordered stage 3. Should be here Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                  X