Has anyone wired up euro smileys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone wired up euro smileys?

I have sealed beams and a set of Bosch smileys ready to go in. has anyone done this before... Im good with mechanical stuff but will burn my car to the ground along with my apartment complex if I get into wiring stuff :(

I'll pay someone to bust out a clean install

PM me if interested and near Seattle

Ive done mine, its been awhile though.

Schwarz 1985 325e

Comment

Mine have been working for a while. But I'm unfortunately 5,500 miles away for a while.... Write-ups weren't too hard to follow in the past.

Comment

There is a write up in the general technical section if you're running HIDs. If not, you can figure it out with a simple test light, but it's fairly simple, regardless. Brown is always ground. You'll need to do some relay modification if you want to have functioning high beams, but that's covered in the DIY.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          There is a write up in the general technical section if you're running HIDs. If not, you can figure it out with a simple test light, but it's fairly simple, regardless. Brown is always ground. You'll need to do some relay modification if you want to have functioning high beams, but that's covered in the DIY.
          Even if you don't do the relay mod you have functioning high beams, the lows just don't stay on (which I admit, defeats a bit of the purpose...)

Where in Seattle are you located? I didn't go to smileys but I went to regular elips. I could show you what I did on my car.
          84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
          Manual swap all the things!

Comment

If you use the sidemarkers for the city lights its ezpz
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Low beams use the 2 outer pins. White wire is the power wire and plugs into the non brown wire. Highs are the same way.
              You also have to jump the high and low relays in order to get them both to turn on at the same time. Cant remember which pins you'll have to look that up.

Comment

Thanks for all the insights guys. Im picking up my pigtails tomorrow and will start on this soon. I may reach out to some of you.. if not watch for a car fire on King5 news =P

Comment

Ugh, stop jumping the fucking relays!

The two not brown wires go to the one not brown wire in the pig tail. The brown wire goes to the brown wire. Both lights stay on with high beams active, no ghetto hack relay jumping required.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post

The two not brown wires go to the one not brown wire in the pig tail. The brown wire goes to the brown wire. Both lights stay on with high beams active, no ghetto hack relay jumping required.
                    +1 just did mine last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post

thanks for the note, this simplifies it a lot!

Comment

So I did the 2 -> 1 non browns and connected the browns on both high and low beams. Now when I turn my headlights on, both high and low beams turn on. I can't turn the high beams off. :/ Ideas?

Comment

Unplug high beams, done. Lol.

No, you'll just need to follow the DIY. Check which wire is hot all the time and which one gets power only when high beams are switched on.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I used this when I did mine.

sigpic
                            Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

That's... odd.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                              Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
                              X