zinno E30 M3 build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zinno E30 M3 build thread

Hi R3v, new member and car. Thought i'd make a build thread for God's Chariot :)

This is my third bmw to date, started out with a e90 330i which i modded heavily throughout 6 years of ownership.

here she was when when i sold her. still my first love, but i wanted more power.

And then i went on to what i thought was my dream car at the time, the e92 m3. that v8 was a blast!

Only held on to the e92 for less than a year and unfortunately never had a proper shoot for it. But with the rising prices of the e30 m3's i decided to purchase one before they go even more insane.

Here she is on delivery:

Dirty, but we cleaned her up and she looks great!

Installed the smoked turn signal covers at this point.

Currently coilovers are being installed, went with the ground control kit. Have to cut and weld so they should be installed by tomorrow.

Here is what is waiting for the drop :)

changed the black bbs caps to the red

Here she is on the lift with the suspension out for cut/weld

I have the euro grill waiting to put on as well.

Look forward to attending the meets and picnic this year and meeting the e30 community!

Welcome, and nice cars!
    Is it me or the front wheel on e30 (1st pic) is moved back slightly (not centered in the wheelwell). Sweet ride, e30 M3 prices sky-rocketed and will probably continue climbing. Good choice, enjoy her!
    "i love vee tek, its a wonderful sound when you driving right by it"

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Comment

i thought the exact same thing when i first saw it, but after comparing with other e30 m3's, it seems to be normal. my friends 325is is perfectly centered so i freaked out, but all m3's seem to be this way. for example: http://www.bbsrszone.com/wp-content/...BBS_RS_011.jpg

Comment

Yeah, I think that's normal. It always kinda freaked me out when I used to notice that on my old M. I always thought it might have been in a terrible accident at once but it seems like they're all like that.

Comment

welcome and nice project!

M3s have offset control arm bushings, moves the wheels rearward.
          Chris
          90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
            welcome and nice project!

M3s have offset control arm bushings, moves the wheels forward.
            ftfy.
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

M3 and BBS RS. Perfect combo. Welcome.

The Build:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Looks great.
                Gabe
                '91 318is

Comment

subbed

Comment

Very nice! Where'd you find the car if you don't mind me asking? I have a very similar setup currently awaiting my return to the pnw.

What are the specs on the wheels?
                    sigpic15 year old me is super impressed with real me

Comment

Yep, wheel position is normal. Lowering the car might cause the front tires to rub against the body. Interested to see how low you go and if you have any rubbing. You probably wouldn't notice it with the car up on the lift and the suspension unloaded, but once you set it on the ground you might check for any rubbing. For me it happens just before full lock when turning left, in the back of the driver side wheel well.

Congrats on the purchase, the car looks great! Any pictures of the interior?

Daniel
                      1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                      2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Originally posted by CPTFelch View Post
                        Very nice! Where'd you find the car if you don't mind me asking? I have a very similar setup currently awaiting my return to the pnw.

What are the specs on the wheels?
                        wheels are 17x8.5 and 17x9.5 et 14. going w/ 215/40/17 and 235/40/17 tire set up.

i had the car shipped here from north carolina. it has the turner 2.5L stroker kit.

Comment

Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
                          Yep, wheel position is normal. Lowering the car might cause the front tires to rub against the body. Interested to see how low you go and if you have any rubbing. You probably wouldn't notice it with the car up on the lift and the suspension unloaded, but once you set it on the ground you might check for any rubbing. For me it happens just before full lock when turning left, in the back of the driver side wheel well.

Congrats on the purchase, the car looks great! Any pictures of the interior?
                          interior is tan! haven't had a chance to take pics of the interior yet, but i'll take some tonight! plan to get some srd's in there asap.

Comment

This should be awesome!

Comment

Love me a Zinno M3. Welcome to the board.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                              X