Grey market e30 in the Seattle area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey market e30 in the Seattle area

I'm looking for a fellow member that drives a grey market e30 in the Seattle area. I'm restoring my '86 325 with some Euro conversion involved. The problem is that I can't get Europe only parts from the dealer unless I can prove that I drive a Europe market car imported to the US.

I'm hoping that I could meet up with a local member that owns a grey market e30 to help me order the part I need from my local dealership.

If you're open to the idea please PM me and I can provide more details. Any suggestions about a group I should network with, are also welcome.

thanks
    Last edited by Stapes; 04-19-2016, 10:29 AM.

Have you tried Blunttech.com or gutenparts.com?

Both of these guys may be able to get you parts.
    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

^ for sure
      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
        Have you tried Blunttech.com or gutenparts.com?

Both of these guys may be able to get you parts.
        Right now I'm looking for a 772 valance. Blunttech is the only one that shows it as available. If ... they in fact can bring a non-stocking Europe only part into the US it would be at a premium, most likely above what the dealer quoted me.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231861039152...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just buy this.

It's probably not OEM, and is a pattern piece, but once it's painted, and the fog are installed, who's gonna know.
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I have a '86 Euro 325iC I have run into a couple of bits I could only get from the dealer and had to jump through the hoops to get the NON US spec parts (took about 6 weeks to get the upper radiator hose) What do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by Preyupy View Post
              I have a '86 Euro 325iC I have run into a couple of bits I could only get from the dealer and had to jump through the hoops to get the NON US spec parts (took about 6 weeks to get the upper radiator hose) What do you need?
              I'm looking for a 772 front panel for my euro bumper.
              Last edited by Stapes; 04-21-2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

OP - You should send Steve@blunttech.com an email or shoot levent@gutenparts.com. These guys are enthusiasts ... they have connections and parts squirreled away, so who knows.

Both of these vendors support our forum and I personally use them exclusively for stuff I need.

I hope you get what you need though! Post pictures of the build and start a build thread!
                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

They will run in to the same issue. I am actually waiting for a quote from Blunt for some Euro bumper parts. But because I don't have a copy of a Euro registration/title..etc. He has to source them from the UK.

We are actually trying to get the OG title for our 83 316 right now by placing a lein against it. That way we have an early body to get parts with (even my buddy as a BMW parts distributor has to jump through hoops to get Euro parts.)

If it was a facelift part, we have his touring title/registration that we can use, but they won't let order prefacelift parts for a later car.

Not sure why BMW is such sticklers on this..
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I had to go through similar backchannel nonsense when ordering some euro parts for my M3 - ECS Tuning finally came through for me.

But most assuredly, check with our site sponsors first.
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                      OP - You should send Steve@blunttech.com an email or shoot levent@gutenparts.com. These guys are enthusiasts ... they have connections and parts squirreled away, so who knows.

Both of these vendors support our forum and I personally use them exclusively for stuff I need.
                      I'm glad to know that. I'll make sure to give them priority when ordering parts. I've used FCP Euro in the past for their prices and don't mind supporting blunttech or guten instead.

Started my build thread about a year ago but been lazy with the updates. A lot of good stuff is coming up soon tho. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=362580

Comment

Originally posted by Stapes View Post
                        I'm looking for a 772 front panel for my euro bumper. Just PM'ed you.
                        Is this the metal AC valence to go behind it? I need one of those, would be extremely interested in getting in on an order if you're placing one.
                        sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Working...
                        X