Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage/Tools/Help Offered For Free you give me te sex

Hey guys and maybe even ladies ;)

I have a garage, a good verity of tools, and a very decent amount of knowledge when it comes to older BMWs. I do not currently own a BMW of any kind, and my stupid Toyota truck is WAY to frickin reliable so I haven't worked on a car for literally months. Needles to say I am hurtin for some mechanical punishment of the Bavarian variety. I would like to offer up my help to people less fortunate and/or knowledgeable then my self by offering up my garage space, tools and skills. Tired of laying in the street to get your work done? Well send me a PM. I'm located in the Edmonds/Lynnwood area.
    I am open to doing 1-2 day projects on Saturday and Sunday, but I can not have cars in my garage for to much longer then that because I rent this place. If shit hits the fan and for some resin or another your car can not leave my garage for a few days that's ok, but I'd rather avoid it. I'm thinking oil changes and other basic services, electrical work (speakers, lights, e36 window switches, and so on), coil over and suspension installs, and other basic 1-2 day projects.
    I have a good variety of hand tools, some specialty tools, a torque wrench, and a brake bleeder. Basically anything we would need to entirely disassemble and reassemble a BMW. All kinds of electrical crimpers and tools. Fabrication stuff should some one want an exhaust fixed, a muffler welded up, or some other basic fab work done. 140 MIG welder, grinders, drill press, pipe notcher and so on.
    As fare as payment goes, my time, tools, and space are free of charge. You can be nice and offer me food or beer, but that's up to you. You will have to pay a small amount for consumables such as welding gas and wire, or things like electrical wire and supplies, or any kind of blades or cutting/sanding discs. Or bring your own.

Just pop me a PM if you want to get some work done. It would be nice to meet some fellow car people. I'm relatively new up here. I am not always free but if you give me a week or two notice Ill do my best to open up some time.
    I offered up this service to people in the Bay Area when I still lived there and met some very cool people I am still friends with. Good way to network and find people with similar interests.

Cheers!

J
    Last edited by deutschman; 06-05-2016, 08:39 AM.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

If you ever want to hang out and have a beer, I'll be parting a 2002 ... I also have a decent set of tools and a cherry picker. Let me know if you're down.

And GL with the side work bud!
    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
      If you ever want to hang out and have a beer, I'll be parting a 2002 ... I also have a decent set of tools and a cherry picker. Let me know if you're down.

What '02 parts do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post

Yeah that would be fun. I'll pop you a PM if I have some free time next weekend. I might be helping my brother with his Jeep XJ.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

man what a great service. true community stuff here i like it.
          i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtsquirt View Post
            What '02 parts do you have?
            I have a complete 76 '02. I've got another '02 I might keep which needs some love to make it complete, hence the rusty '02 I have in my garage.

Comment

The world needs more people like you. Good Luck!

Wish you were close by though.
              1990 325i
              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
              sigpic

Comment

Where are you located? But hell yeah that's pretty awesome your willing to help.
                Good vibes.

Comment

Wow! That's great man. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 you are R3V Saint :up:

Comment

Dude that's awesome! Someone should jump on this. The picnic is just around the corner. Get your car ready!
                    sigpic
                    Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                    88 Alpine 325i
                    1/2 88 325iX

Comment

oh man, i really need to do some subframe/TA bushings soon!

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                        oh man, i really need to do some subframe/TA bushings soon!
                        I have the specialty tools for that FYI. You guys would be welcome to borrow them.

Comment

Originally posted by UgkNW* View Post
                          Where are you located? But hell yeah that's pretty awesome your willing to help.
                          Good vibes.
                          Edmonds

I am still open to helping people out. I have a good friend visiting next weekend so Ill be busy then, but Ill be free weekends after that.
                          Im planning on being at the picnic and party afterwords so maybe Ill get to meet some of you guys.
                          sigpic

Comment

This still an ongoing deal? I need to put brakes on both my kids and wifes cars ... either tonight or Sunday (before/during/after) seahawks game depending on your schedule.

Let me know.

Comment

Good time working on the wife's car! Thanks for the help and enjoy your beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X