X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 1st Mt. Baker Drive

Original thread: http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.ph...20&an=0&page=0

Sunday, October 1st 2006, RAIN OR SHINE

Meeting Place: Burlington, WA. Cascade Mall parking lot, the southeast corner, sandwiched in between Sears and Macys in the mall, and Applebees kitty-corner in the lot. To get there, head towards Burlington. Coming north or south, you'll take Exit #230 and then an immedaite right on SR20 - it'll say "Anacortes / Oak Harbor" on the sign. G 3-4 blocks and stay in the right hand lane until you get to Burlington Blvd. You'll have a Shell station on your left and a Jack in the box straight ahead on the right side. Take a right turn, south onto Burlington Blvd. Count the stoplights - turn right on the third one, as you're passing Cascade mall, then an immediate left when the road "T"s, and park HERE.

General Info: Please be at the parking lot no later then 10:00 AM so those with cameras can snap some pics and everyone introduce each other & what not. Short and informal "driver's meeting" will be held once everyone's arrived, to go over the basics, make sure everyone's set as far as radios go, then we will head out towards Baker hopefully before 10:30.
    -Bring an extra layer of clothes "just in case"
    -There will be a $5.00 per car fee payable to the National Forest Servce when we arrive near the ski area upper "Heather Meadows" lodge to proceed all the way to artist's point and to use the parking lots. I might be asking for a bit more money than that upfront, in the morning, if we are going to be able to use Mt. Baker Ski Area's lower parking lot for lunch, and possibly setting up a small gymkhana course.

-a picnic lunch and plenty of water/drinks, not very many stores on the way up
    -a Motorola Talkabout-style "FRS" radio that's capable of using the security codes - we will be on [/b]channel 07, code 04.[/b]

Rules:No overly aggressive driving will be tolerated - you will be asked to leave. We're a bunch of driving enthusiasts going out on a spirited drive, not a Gumball rally I trust that everyone knows the difference between having fun and romping on it in the right places, and being plain dangerous or stupid. I'm young, but I've seen a LOT of asshattery on group drives, and I'm not going to tolerate it on this one. I want to have the atmosphere where you can bring your girlfriend (or wife and kids for that matter) and not have them feel endangered or scared.

Consider:Fuel past Bellingham is CRAP not to mention expensive. there IS a Shell station in Maple Falls, but prices there are usually ~50¢ higher than Seattle prices There is a Chevron directly across from the Cascade Mall parking lot and you pass a Shell station at the intersection of SR20 and Burlington Boulevard just after you turn off I-5.

We'll all drive back and start splitting off whenever people have to head, but don't plan on being back in Burlington before 3pm, longer if the gymkhana works out. Some people have expressed intrest in taking a detour on the way home and running the fabled, fun, twisty-yet-very-short Chuckanut Drive. Who knows... As long as everyone has fun, I'll be happy.

Official "Who's Definetly Coming list"
    Sam, "SamuraiSam" borrowed Nissan S13 "Sil-Eighty, fasterthenthe Skyline drift-spec fatbody"
    Marc, "icsbnr32gtr" Nissan R32 GTR (almost stock)
    Ed "EDTHEMANJP" Nissan R32 GTR(redlines@9k with two big turbos and a lopey idle :evil2: )
    Isaac "backtrail69" BMW E30 325is(+turbo+megasquirt)-emissions
    Justin "rx7weee" Mazda FD RX-7 with jay-dee-emm touches
    Mikey ________ Mazda FD RX-7 minus one turbo
    Matt "Smurf" Mazda FD RX-7 Former SCC "Project FD"
    Erik _________ Nissan S14 240sx, Japan. body panel/SR20
    Mitch _________ Honda EG hatch (H22 powered)
    Rob "Ace" Nissan S14, widebody 2nd gen if its still reg/insured then.
    Mark "usagtrpilot" Nissan R33 GTR
    Jon J "A&F model" 1969 Ford Mustang California Special
    Crescent "C-SPEED" Acura NSX?? (guessing)
    Gary C. "PETC" SW20 2nd gen Toyota MR2
    Andrew J, ________ 1969 vinyl top Camaro
    Colin F __________ 1st gen MR2 with knockoff GAB rims :finger2:
    B-Fra, Brandon "4ce30" 90 BMW E30 dumped
    Josh-Fra "e30josh", 88 BMW E30, turboed.

Let me know if you're planing on coming, what you'll be driving. Post pics of it and introduce yourself in the other thread!
    Last edited by backtrail69; 08-27-2006, 06:07 PM.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

why am I not on the list dude?

Comment

I have to update it from the "master list" Look on club si.
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Bump
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

the pictures have a lot of subies, is this an all car meet, or is this a subie meet? I'm not going but it sounds fun though. NM i guess i should have read the list of who's going:oops:

Comment

My buddy was talking to me about this. he owns a cobb stage 3 wrx up in bellingham. I'm definitely gonna try to make it up in the e30 335i if it is done by then. supposed to be a great drive, that road is sick!
            1990 325i - Brilliantrot, 3.73 LSD, H&R Race Springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks, 4300k HIDs, Rebuilt with Metric Blue Head bolts, Planning turbo with MS by end of the year...
            2006 R6 - Raven, Driven 520 1,2 Chain Conversion, 6000k HID's, DB Screen, Heated Grips, GYTR CF Slip-on, Fender Eliminator, Flush mounts
            (wife's)
            1992 325i - Alpineweiss II, H&R Sport Springs, Bilstein Sport Shocks, 18" M6 Replica Wheels, 6000k HID's, Angel Eyes, Blacked out Kidneys, 20% Tint

Comment

That would be sweet if we could get some e30 repping.
              '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

dang, I want to go but I will have my Head open that weekend doing some reapir work (burning oil with a little bit O coolant). Next time when she is working all pretty.

Comment

So is anybody going to this? I am planning on finishing my new exhaust Friday to be ready for this, should be a good time with a great road.

Comment

I will be there. You should definately come. And Final Bump
                    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

That was a fun drive...

Comment

Working...
                      X