clutch time & shortshifter on my 86 325es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch time & shortshifter on my 86 325es

Well it's near time to due the clutch on my 6/86 production 325es... It has that great twin mass flywheel (ugh) .. So looking on suggestions on great place to buy a clutch kit ( doing all the seals, input , output m shift shaft.. The car has 149,000 miles on it.. I'll replace the clutch master and slave just for added insurance... Pretty sure the shifter could use a update (worn bushings) So I think a short shifter would what I would do.. Been awhile I had a UCC short shifter in my 91 e34 535i... is was ok... So what would you guys suggest ? sand the dual mass set up and change it( I have heard something along the way you can retro-fit to non-twin mass) What short shifter would you consider ? Thank you for your time... cheers Rob M
    it's just a ETA !

I would convert to a single mass flywheel, using the flywheel from a 1985 and earlier 325e (larger single mass flywheel with reference sensor pin) and a clutch kit to match your flywheel.

As far as shifters go, it really depends on your preference. Z3 1.9 is a slight upgrade from stock. Z3 3.0 is a moderate upgrade. Z4 3.0 is a serious upgrade. Z3 M coupe is only for those who like extremely short shifts (like I). UUC makes a great short shifter, it's a pretty close throw to the Z4 3.0. I would opt for the DSSR while you're there, but that's your call.

Have fun!
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Thanks ! that's a good idea....on the DSSR... looks like the coupling on the shift shaft would need to be changed as well. correct
      it's just a ETA !

Comment

Working...
      X