how's the Bend car scene?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt-B
    replied
    Originally posted by hot carl
    You guys should see the housing costs here in Santa Cruz. $2000 for a small two bedroom apt?!? No garage, maybe a small yard.
    its like this in Vancouver, and Portland now, because you guys are moving here.

    Ive seen 2 bedrooms as much as 2500$ or so

    Leave a comment:


  • BK544E34
    replied
    There's a big autoX scene in eugene area. As far as bend goes I hope you like skis and beer. And hipsters as well as tourists.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt-B
    replied
    yep


    bend is shit, hot all summer, freezing all winter, the few times i visited, all i saw was dust and tumbleweed

    Leave a comment:


  • BK544E34
    replied
    Trucks. Jeeps. FJ Cruisers.

    Leave a comment:


  • hot carl
    started a topic how's the Bend car scene?

    how's the Bend car scene?

    First off, don't hate. I know they don't like Californians moving in, but...

    I'm a Nor Cal guy looking to relocate somewhere more affordable and less restrictive. I've heard lots of good things about Bend. I've never been there, a couple of other places in Oregon, but not there yet.
    A little about me: I'm 39. Single, no kids. Work for Trader Joe's. I've been wrenching my whole adult life. Never professionally, just a dedicated hobbyist. I've had mostly American hot rods and a couple Japanese cars.
    Ever since I got my e30 I've been more and more into vintage German cars. I've been getting into shooting recently. Got a couple rifles and a pistol. California sucks for gun laws. Starting next year there's going to be a waiting period for ammo! And you have to register it!! WTF?!?!

    I just want to ask some locals what the car scene is like. I have an e30 that I do track days and occasional autoX with. It's basically spec e30, but with a splash of lemons. What kind of track activities are around? I know there's PIR. Maybe I could look into rally? I wouldn't be opposed. There must be tons of good mountain roads?
    Are there any meet ups? Clubs?
    How about the winter? Do they salt the roads? From what I understand it's not too crazy there. My daily is a bugeye wrx which is a great winter car.

    You guys should see the housing costs here in Santa Cruz. $2000 for a small two bedroom apt?!? No garage, maybe a small yard. And the competition.
    So many people, so few available units. Everybody is constantly stressed about housing. Except the old time locals who don't care. And the newly rich tech guys who are making it hard for everyone else.
    I'm pretty lucky right now to have a place with off street parking and a little space to wrench.
    The car scene if pretty good down here. Laguna Seca is less than an hour away, Sonoma is about two, Thunderhill and Buttonwillow aren't too far. Monterey car week is soon, which is absolutely nuts. If you've never been, put it on your bucket list.

    Let me know. If I end up in the area, what can I expect?
Working...