I have lived in bend for almost 17 years Here is a quick overview.
I need to make this point very clear, you should only move to bend if you are going to fit in exactly. Most everyone who lives in bend is extremely into recreation. Skiing, mountain biking, camping, fishing, rafting, hiking, climbing , you name it bend has it. Those are the reasons to move to bend. (How could I forget beer and pot.) There is a small car scene. I know of someone personally in bend who races PRO-3 has multiple E30s and is pretty into the whole scene. There are people around but the roads are so shitty. Espically if you actually go into the city of bend. Potholes everywhere. My e30 is by no means slammed and it scrapes around town. Also it has never been a problem before, but with so many people moving here the traffic is starting to get bad. Not California bad, but still. Next to bend (about 10-15 minutes) is a smaller growing town called Redmond, things are cheaper there, but the town is still growing nicely. In Redmond there is more of a car scene. Redmond is less recreational. I live in bend and go to school in Redmond. Expect to see 8096 lifted trucks per car. That is the type of place Redmond is. That being said the roads aren't as bad and there is definitely more of a car scene there. If you said you had a WRX you will fit in. Bend is full of them. So I guess if you consider that a car scene than there is one, but there is just no variety. All subies.
Oh I feel I should also make it clear that I do not like living in bend and can't wait to get out.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how's the Bend car scene?
Collapse
X
-
Yea i have no idea why people move to Oregon. I mean im not saying they should all move to washington. But Vancouver is waaaaaaaay better. just across the river. Streets are 3-5 cars wide. Way less crime, better school, no traffic, ever. Unless your going to oregon, or a massive wreck. Good car scene, lots of mature e30 and bmw peeps.my ex's cousin (solid 9/10) and her bf were/are from Bend. He always had some weird isuzu or mitsubishi 4wd truck from the 80's. Then he got a diesel '87 F250 or something. It was always weird shit. She had a 90's Ford tempo. Whatever. Their cars sucked.
I grew up in San Jose and subsequently left because of housing costs. MattB found an apt in his area with a high of 2500.. that's starting price for a passing-as-decent 2br apt in the south bay.
I live in new england now and love it. No matter whether you're liberal or conservative or gun loving or drive a prius, you'll find a way to be happy. And to hate people who aren't like you. It's the perfect mix.
Either way I would not live anywhere in Oregon because it's too depressing and trite. Washington state, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Vermont.. anywhere but Oregon
and we don't have red door meet, the true abomination of the oregon car scene...Leave a comment:
-
my ex's cousin (solid 9/10) and her bf were/are from Bend. He always had some weird isuzu or mitsubishi 4wd truck from the 80's. Then he got a diesel '87 F250 or something. It was always weird shit. She had a 90's Ford tempo. Whatever. Their cars sucked.
I grew up in San Jose and subsequently left because of housing costs. MattB found an apt in his area with a high of 2500.. that's starting price for a passing-as-decent 2br apt in the south bay.
I live in new england now and love it. No matter whether you're liberal or conservative or gun loving or drive a prius, you'll find a way to be happy. And to hate people who aren't like you. It's the perfect mix.
Either way I would not live anywhere in Oregon because it's too depressing and trite. Washington state, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Vermont.. anywhere but OregonLeave a comment:
-
so basically the oregon car scene is shitty, bend is shitty, and gtfo?Leave a comment:
-
your from california, might want to ask your local government if its ok to use the road system first and get your permission slipped signed lolLeave a comment:
-
Hey, I mean, if you do get her cleaned out-- I'm down to make the trip up, BUT I go first.Leave a comment:
-
-
Hey Hot Carl, do you really want to be surrounded by all these douche bags?Leave a comment:
-
OP, I don't know how you expected this to go, but this thread is the tip of the iceberg.
Prepare for well deserved hate.
Your credentials sound like every other Californian moving here. Remember, every job you take at Trader Joe's takes one away from a local high schooler.
Since it hasn't been said yet:
The PNW is full.Leave a comment:
-
There's some chick named Tippi' Anne Henderson that murders Californians up there. Fair warningLeave a comment:
-
I mean listen, im sure your a nice guy. People are just not taking kindly to those moving here from out of state, ie california. I see people driving 100 on the freeway like its no big deal, 90 in construction zones, and id say maybe 8 or 9 / 10 cars i see pulled over on freeways are cali plates, or a tralier that is not packed properly.
There have been multiple lawsuits in washington from rent gouging. I had friends paying 700-800$ a month for a 2 bedroom apt, they got a letter saying because of demand rent was now 1250$ and its due to the influx of out of state residents moving here, so they had to move
shit i even had a friend get a rental car keyed in seattle, and most of them have cali plates. if you do end up moving here, keep these things in mind. And do not pretend this is california pleaseLeave a comment:
-
That story makes me laugh everytime, and the fact it was a Prius makes it even better.. They moved here in February, still have out of state plates, were double parked, blocking the street. So tired of seeing out of state plates on cars that have been here for longer than 30 days. Lazy phucks.Leave a comment:
-
Maybe you'd fit in LaPine.
Why not Texas, it's cheap to live there, more car friendly, and sunny.
And there is no car scene up here - Oregon is at war with car owners and refuses to repave roads and will soon be taxing the sh*t out of anything related to it (gas, registration, tollways..etc.)Leave a comment:
-
Persona non grata so tired of seeing Cali plates in Oregon... Bend is Good for beer and snowboardingLeave a comment:

Leave a comment: