WTT/WTB/WTS exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTT/WTB/WTS exhaust system

GF's car is an 86 325e that had a single exhaust from the headers back, but the engine has been swapped for an 87 325is engine. At some point one of the owners had deleted the stock muffler for a glasspack style...it sounded OK but has a small leak where the tubing meets the glasspack.

I'd bought a 90 parts car 325i that had dual exhaust w/ muffler delete. Assuming that dual would be better than single for a 2.5l engine, I swapped the dual exhaust over onto her car. It sounds great at idle but has too much drone for my taste...it wasn't bad when her car had a 2.96 open diff but having swapped to a 3.76 LSD means the drone has shifted to a spot where 60mph is too much so she has to do 70mph to shift the drone out...which would be OK if she was OK with doing 70+ everywhere but I digress :-)

Looking to see if anyone has a dual inlet/dual outlet muffler setup within like an hour tops of Marysville area...I'm not interested in $200+ systems and/or driving to OR or ID when it'd be cheaper to just install a muffler locally.

I'll take better pics showing the systems later but this gives you an idea of what the tips look like between the two and I'd assume anyone selling mufflers would know what the stock systems look like regardless.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by m5james; 04-04-2019, 11:33 PM.

I'd reach out to DealinDave at Blunttech. I bought a brand new OE spec Ansa exhaust for under $200 shipped if I'm remembering correctly. It sounds nice, and is pretty quiet.
    1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
    SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
    Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Here's the single exhaust with a three wire oxygen sensor and I'll throw in new gaskets. I'll take a pic of the dual exhaust installed on the car itself tomorrow.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
        I'd reach out to DealinDave at Blunttech. I bought a brand new OE spec Ansa exhaust for under $200 shipped if I'm remembering correctly. It sounds nice, and is pretty quiet.
        Noted. I've seen these for like $160, I assume it's not going to last long but I don't really need it to since I've got an M52 and turbo kit I'm going to swap into the car, at which point I'll be going a full custom 3" anyways.

Comment

Working...
        X