PRO-3 Calendar Release Party Nov. 1, Redmond WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRO-3 Calendar Release Party Nov. 1, Redmond WA

Join us at Speedware in Redmond on Saturday, November 1 for the PRO-3 Calendar Release Party. Proceeds to benefit the charitable work of the BMW CCA Foundation.

Location: Speedware retail location in Redmond. www.SpeedwareMotorsports.com

Schedule:

11am-Noon: Buy a calendar ($9.95), find the drivers on hand and get some signatures!

12 Noon-1:30pm: Lunch at Speedware and we'll watch some in-car videos from some various PRO-3 races this year. All four tracks from the season will be represented.

For lunch planning purposes, an RSVP letting me know you and any guests that are coming is appreciated. We ask for a $5 donation to help cover lunch costs.

We'll also have the official debut of the latest PRO-3 car... Dan Rogers green Tic Tac liveried car.

RSVP to: Lance@Richertnet.com
    Last edited by Lance Racing; 10-21-2008, 04:30 PM.
    Lance Richert '88 M3, #35 PRO3, i3 etc.
    www.LanceRichertArchitect.com

2019 E30 Picnic Weekend: June 22-23 2019

Driver Group Shot:

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Racing View Post
      Saturday, Aug 1
      ???

I think your '09 calendars will be a bit old by then. ;)

With that said, I've gotta work, so I wont be able to make it. Mark me down for another calendar. I am in for my 3rd year in a row!
      sigpic

Comment

In-Car Video Action

Here is some great action from the last race at Pacific Raceways. Ian Alexander in #111 sets up 2 cameras in the car. One forward, and one backward. Then he split screens the images for our viewing pleasure. Watch in the high res version. On about lap 3 he goes off at 3b, and has to re-pass about 5 other cars (one was me, LOL).

He puts on a driving clinic.

Happy viewing!

Race was on 9/28/08. We had 24-26 cars and had a split start from the rest of Group 1. I qualified 5th with a 1:39.3XX, a few hundredths from 4th place. I ma...

Lance Richert
        #35 PRO-3

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
          I think your '09 calendars will be a bit old by then. ;)

Fixed! It's November 1, to be clear.

Actually just got the print order from the printer, they came out great!

Comment

Sample Month Display

Here's the format for this year. Thanks to Matt Ferbrache for the custom design.

Comment

Is it hard to get into that league or is there a lower level one that may be a bit more appropriate for someone with no formal experience?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                Is it hard to get into that league or is there a lower level one that may be a bit more appropriate for someone with no formal experience?
                Jump on the local CCA forum and start getting out to the driving schools and lapping days. That is the place to start. Once you get some seat time and great teaching (thanks to the volunteers!) under your belt then start thinking about competition.

There are always a few PRO3 drivers at those days that can teach you the ropes of getting into it if you aspire to.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                  ~ John Adams ~

Comment

It's nice to get some training strictly for high performance driving prior to racing (i.e race craft). Racing involves high performance driving (HPD), but HPD does not involve racing.

Locally, the sanctioning body that PRO-3 race under have a great novice program which trains a newbie on how a race weekend unfolds. You have to run 3 "Novice" races before being able to run with the senior drivers. It's a great training ground, and a good segue between BMW Club style HPDE's and full on road racing.

Besides the local BMW Club, you can get your start with the Proformance Racing School who offer schools, training and lapping opportunities. Most of the programs are winding down for the year, and will ramp back up next March and April.

Proformance is more expensive than the BMW Club's schools because the instructors are paid, rather than volunteers that work the club events. But you get a lot more seat time during the day at Proformance too.

Learn to race - or just survive your daily commute - with world-class High Performance Driving and Racing instruction. Check upcoming dates now.

Comment

Lance, do you have a way to order these without going?
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow some of those Proformance classes cost more than my BMW....actually I think they all do.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                          Wow some of those Proformance classes cost more than my BMW....actually I think they all do.
                          They will also take you places any performance mod can. Worth every penny.

I would highly recommend starting out with the club stuff. It will save you a lot of money and get you good seat time until you can really afford it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe we could do this as a group? Or if someone wanted to go with me it would be cool. It would be nice to kinda sorta know some people.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

If my car is in trackable working order next season (it should be) I will do everything I can to be at each CCA event if not more. When the time comes let me know what days you plan on going and I'll make a point to be there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X