Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to meet in the Seattle area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to meet in the Seattle area?

The weather is supposed to be nice through...Wednesday...any interest in getting some cars together?

I don't know what you guys typically do or where you go, but I thought maybe a windy road might be in order...if you want to drive, maybe meet in Olympia and drive up 101 and then head over to the Edmonds-Kingston ferry back across the water...it's about an 1:30 from Oly to the ferry. We could stop for photo ops and such...

I'll bring my camera, the Hood Canal and Olympic National Forest are awesome backdrops...

Some shots I've taken along that route:

A few from the Olympia Game Farm...it would be way out of the way, but the pics are entertaining...

And finally, one of my car for good measure:

So yeah...any takers? My schedule is totally open, so I can do it whenever...
    92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
    sigpic

i want to go!

Comment

i would go but i am in portland. i have driven 101 and taken those ferries in the area more than a couple times. such a beautiful area of the country.
      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Are you supposed to feed them :nice:

I'd be down for something. I live in Woodinville.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Amazing shots man. Can you post bigger ones?

Comment

so when is this happening?

Comment

The pics are vivid because most of them are they are HDR's (high dynamic range). I was in the middle of learning how to do the technique right, was pretty obsessed with it. I don't have any larger versions of that page online at the moment, I'm in the middle of re-doing my website...if you go to interfacelift.com, you can see some high-res versions of my work in the form of wallpapers...go to the artists page and find 'lyle krannichfeld'. you can go to flickr.com and search for my last name too. Some of my work is there...deviantart.com as well.

As for the animals, you can feed most of them...all the ones that aren't dangerous if their head is in your car lol...they give you a loaf of bread when you pay to get in.

Looks we have have 3 cars in, anybody else? When do you want to do it?
              sigpic

Comment

im down....might be too late though

winters coming haha...nooooooo
                AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

Anybody else?

Myself
                  Fat Chapman
                  Nicodemus
                  Shmutzge30
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice pictures!
                    How about Mid November before thanksgiving?
                    http://www.kingofeurope.net/2010/

Comment

Works for me...the majority of people would prefer weekends, but if it's over break it may be easier...

Want to shoot for Sunday, Nov 9th? Hopefully the weather is decent...
                      sigpic

Comment

how about during thanksgiving break. i want to go to the e30 meet to you know.

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

During the winter, I wanna get a dim-sum meet together on a Sunday morning.

Pig out on Chinese food, go drive somewhere and take pics in the rain!

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by lylefk View Post
                            The pics are vivid because most of them are they are HDR's (high dynamic range). I was in the middle of learning how to do the technique right, was pretty obsessed with it. I don't have any larger versions of that page online at the moment, I'm in the middle of re-doing my website...if you go to interfacelift.com, you can see some high-res versions of my work in the form of wallpapers...go to the artists page and find 'lyle krannichfeld'. you can go to flickr.com and search for my last name too. Some of my work is there...deviantart.com as well.
                            do you use bracketed exposures for your HDR or do you create brackets shooting in raw? curious. i've experimented a few times with HDR and more or less like the results, but havent had the time/locations to do it with any verve. also, what tool are you using to generate the hdr? thanks. nice work. :up:

Comment

Ok, let's shoot for over break...that way Luke will be up here and we can probably include more people overall.

As for the HDR's: I spent a lot of time perfecting my HDR's...I like them noticeably more vibrant but not excessive...semi-subtle, I guess you'd say. I bracket in camera (never gotten acceptable results bracketing in post-processing). 90% of the time I use 3 exposures, usually 1.5 stops apart. Very occasionally (super bright out) I'll use 5 exposures, 1 stop apart. A solid tripod is a must, and shoot quickly, in RAW format...wind messes everything up, so be aware of that. My workflow is to open in photoshop, adjust the curve (same for all photos) for more contrast, then save and open in Photomatix. Photomatix is easy to use and offers good control over the results. Get a good base HDR, then take it back over to photoshop and adjust color, sharpness, saturation, levels, etc etc there...I don't do anything that CAN be done in Photoshop in Photomatix with the exception of crating the hdr image. Make sense?

It gets more complicated when you get into doing HDR panoramas. This one (for all you pdx folks) for example is 12 images all together...4 images horizontally, with 3 exposures at each image. Make sense? This shot was a nightmare, btw...pouring rain, stupid people walking in front of me...

Workflow there is: Open in PS, adjust curve. Open in Photomatix, create 4 HDR's. Open 4 HDR's in Panorama Factory, create pano. Open pano in PS and clean up, do all corrections at that point. They are time consuming, but my absolute favorite. And they can be printed LARGE, with the above shot of Multnomah easily printable up to 36" wide by 70" or so high...

That help? Sorry, I get long-winded when it comes to photography lol...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X