No announcement yet.

July 18th - Orlando R3V Member's Meet and Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The meet is still on. I will have details by Thursday.

At the moment I am trying to find us a parking area that will enable us to park and take pics as a group.

FYI, I have a Is trunk lip spoiler that def needs attention. Base paint is alpine. I will bring it with. First $20.00 gets it. Offer valid only for this group at this meet.
    Last edited by FL318is; 07-14-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Well I am trying my best to make the meet but for some reason when I finished the mess under the intake modification I was unable to bleed the radiator and the car would start to overheat. I have a thread going while I try to work my way through this so if anyone has any experience with this or suggestions anything would be great. Thank you in advance, might take my dd as a last resort (2006 Focus zx3 se). I can glue my old roundels to it and I would have air conditioning! But yeah, not throwing the wrench in yet but I will make the next one for sure.

Comment

I feel your pain. Mine has started to indicate a rise in temp when I am at a light. Fluid is good. This system has been tight until recently.

Don't worry if you miss this one. There will be more.

Comment

Well I just placed another order with Pelican for the items below and had them ship it overnight. I already have the new thermostat plus the gasket and o-ring for it will be arriving tomorrow along with everything else.

11-14-1-439-570-M104 Kit PEL-WPSKE30-02N: Crankshaft Seal
          11-23-1-469-235-M21 Kit PEL-WPSKE30-02N: Belt, Alternator
          11-51-0-393-338-M59 Water Pump and Gasket
          11-52-1-466-000-M38 Kit PEL-WPSKE30-02N: Fan Clutch
          12-62-1-710-512-M323 Temperature Sending Unit (for temp gauge)
          13-62-1-709-966-M323 Temperature Sensor, 2-prong, 20 Degrees Cel
          17-11-1-178-412-M200 Kit PEL-WPSKE30-02N: Rubber Insulator for Lower Radiator Mount
          17-11-1-712-788-M230 Bleeder Screw for Expansion Tank (Brass, includes one O-Ring)
          61-31-1-378-073-M85 Temperature Switch in Radiator

I got tired of troubleshooting and I look forward to the peace of mind knowing that almost all of my cooling components have been replaced with new. Tearing down everything tonight to prep for the parts and I will be trying to build it back up and test it tomorrow and Friday. Hopefully if everything goes alright I will be able to get it by the muffler shop Friday, if not I will be running with straight pipe. Tires are a little rough and the brakes will need to be done soon but as long as I can get the cooling system worked out I will be able to make it. If I am not confident taking her I will either catch you guys next time or just head over in my DD so I can meet everyone and gather some motivation from your cars.

Comment

NEXT time order from bmaparts.com they r real cheap and patrick is the man

Originally posted by phrekus View Post
            Well I just placed another order with Pelican for the items below and had them ship it overnight. I already have the new thermostat plus the gasket and o-ring for it will be arriving tomorrow along with everything else.

11-14-1-439-570-M104 Kit PEL-WPSKE30-02N: Crankshaft Seal
            11-23-1-469-235-M21 Kit PEL-WPSKE30-02N: Belt, Alternator
            11-51-0-393-338-M59 Water Pump and Gasket
            11-52-1-466-000-M38 Kit PEL-WPSKE30-02N: Fan Clutch
            12-62-1-710-512-M323 Temperature Sending Unit (for temp gauge)
            13-62-1-709-966-M323 Temperature Sensor, 2-prong, 20 Degrees Cel
            17-11-1-178-412-M200 Kit PEL-WPSKE30-02N: Rubber Insulator for Lower Radiator Mount
            17-11-1-712-788-M230 Bleeder Screw for Expansion Tank (Brass, includes one O-Ring)
            61-31-1-378-073-M85 Temperature Switch in Radiator

I got tired of troubleshooting and I look forward to the peace of mind knowing that almost all of my cooling components have been replaced with new. Tearing down everything tonight to prep for the parts and I will be trying to build it back up and test it tomorrow and Friday. Hopefully if everything goes alright I will be able to get it by the muffler shop Friday, if not I will be running with straight pipe. Tires are a little rough and the brakes will need to be done soon but as long as I can get the cooling system worked out I will be able to make it. If I am not confident taking her I will either catch you guys next time or just head over in my DD so I can meet everyone and gather some motivation from your cars.

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
            I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
            "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

I have a perfect spot but its in Hunter Creek BIG ass parking

2155 Town Center Blvd
              Orlando, FL 32837-6801

Get Directions
              (407) 251-5133
              * approximate times

-

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
              The meet is still on. I will have details by Thursday.

At the moment I am trying to find us a parking area that will enable us to park and take pics as a group.

FYI, I have a Is trunk lip spoiler that def needs attention. Base paint is alpine. I will bring it with. First $20.00 gets it. Offer valid only for this group at this meet.
              Last edited by franco90; 07-15-2009, 11:44 PM.

"Supersquad"

Comment

After yesterday's rain storm, our net went down.

I have made up maps and will give those out at Starbucks.

I have located a couple of group parking areas in Mt Dora and Bimmersmith is doing a little recon.

Bring your cameras. I am hoping to get some good rolling shots. The plan is to have breakfast in Mt Dors a t the Frosty mug. They have a decent menu.

The route up there will be nice. There is one section of road that is only 2 lanes. We will have plenty of time to single file it before then. Only a few traffic lights and a couple of slower speed areas. Overall a nice little cruise.

Comment

just got my new tires hopefully i have time to get them mounted on tom.
                  1990 325i BMW

Comment

OK guys. Tomorrow is the big day. I look forward to seeing as many of there as can make it.

That being said, I am trying to get an accurate count. If you know you can not make it let me know.

If you miss this one there will be others. All is not lost.

Comment

Im coming but i too would like a semi-accurate count. It would suck to drive 2hrs to meet up with 3 people or something. So dont flake out dudes! Looking foward to seeing some different e30s. Ill be in the crappy old one that used to be cosmosblau.

Comment

Everyone has been pm-ed. I will make the names red that have confirmed in the first post.

It is a long drive for you so it would be nice to have others to cruise over with.

Comment

yea, i tried to get ahold of favio but i got a new phone and no longer have his number. he lives right by me. i know a few other guys with e30s around here but dont talk to them. im gonna post this on floridagerman and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                            yea, i tried to get ahold of favio but i got a new phone and no longer have his number. he lives right by me. i know a few other guys with e30s around here but dont talk to them. im gonna post this on floridagerman and see what happens.

No problem. Just make sure you specify e30 or older. There are enough all BMW groups and events. I am trying to start a group of speciality cars.

Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Sir
                              I will pass this one I have a 2000 740il not an older BMW
                              Last edited by franco90; 07-17-2009, 08:58 PM.

"Supersquad"

Comment

donyt be ashamed of the 7! the more the merrier, atleast you must be an e30 guy. its not like youre showing up in e36.

Comment

Working...
                                X