Campobelo Cars , E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campobelo Cars , E30

Does anyone know anything about this e30 at Campobelo Cars in Campobelo SC?

Im not from that area but I will be going through in a month, Im looking to get into an e30 that is in good condition and mostly rust free.

Has anyone looked at this one or is anyone close by that could go take a look for me?

Looks like a typical run of the mill I-car. No leather, bottlecaps... i wouldn't pay more than 3k for it.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Looks like the have the wrong year posted. Looks like an 88 not an 89. Notice the chrome bumpers, E30’s no longer had those after 1988.

Comment

Originally posted by asheridan07 View Post
        Looks like the have the wrong year posted. Looks like an 88 not an 89. Notice the chrome bumpers, E30’s no longer had those after 1988.
        hmmm it's true.
        Yours truly,
        Rich
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Rigmaster
        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Im moving from Hawaii back home to Maine in a month, I thought that picking up a southern car on the way wouldnt be to bad of an idea.

The car looks to be in great shape in the pic, not an IS which I would prefeer but its not a bad option. The web site makes the company look decent (some nice cars and such) can anyone comfirm wether they are decent or not.

about a thousand dollars less seems like a fair price to me.

Comment

I can tell you the car has been for sale for quite some time. I thought about going over there to look until I found mine... With how hot these are, its surprising it's been for sale so long...at least 3-4 months

Comment

its been for sale for a long long time unless they bought it back. I saw it well over a year ago when I was in the market. Same dealership.

Comment

that is along time, maybe they will be wanting to get rid of it at a reasonable price.

Comment

Campobello

I drove this car two weeks ago and it was ok, it's a repaint and it seems alright, the add I first saw said 140k but it's actually 17#k. Shifts well and drives fine but it didn't like to rev past 5.5k. Not sure why, a bit of blow-by under full throttle. Most electrical worked, there's a nasty spot under the drivers rear quarter they tried to "fix". I offered $2800 and no go. Over all a solid car.

marcos

btw the mini's are adorable but the OG looking one is a bondo heap- too bad
                  ... Greased Monkey ...

Comment

Has anyone had any experience buying from them? I have been in the market for an M coupe or M roadster for quite some time. They seem a little pricey compared to the others I have dug up, but finding one local is a bonus.

Any feedback on the dealer would be great.

Comment

Well, as marcos posted...they sound like they do some quick fix stuff and bump the price....i'd make sure to check the car over VERY well.

Comment

yeah the guy there is still sorta iffy to me. He wouldn't take less than $3,400 for the white e30 that he says is an '89 but in fact is an '88.

he also has two E30 M3. one for 15k and the other for 25k.

I'd say don't pay more than $2,500 for it, is seems to be burning a lot of oil and the engine isn't the smoothest i've heard in a while. And yes the car has been for sale for quite some time.
                        09/1989 325i 4 Door
                        +M30 Swap
                        +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

According to the ad they raised the price on the M3. As a salesman (not cars) I think that's just wrong. After speaking to them, I didn't see a ton of professionalism and their know-how was lacking severly. Won't be doing business with this crew for sure.

Comment

They have been around for awhile. I purchased a set of wheels from them 2 years ago and they were great. I just think they don't like "young" kids, etc. They are both retired and this is their "hobby". buying, selling, and trading BMW's. One of the owners has a great e30 M3 that was loaned to the BMWCCA office. One of the owner has also written into Roundel with coherent well thought out letters.

I think since they really don't need to sell a particular car to put food on their table, they can hold out for the money they want for the cars.

Most car dealers can't stand when a truly educated buyer comes in and nit picks a car to death.

Comment

Working...
                            X