Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC Area Please Read

Hey guys,

I am a new member to r3v as of today and I wish I had something more upbeat to post in my first thread but....

Over the weekend someone broke into my e30 downtown Wilmington and stole my electromotive tec3r computer and my plx wideband hardware.

I have posted a thread on bimmerforums but I thought I would get a little more local exposure on this board. If anyone hears of a unit for sale on the market without a wiring harness or any hardware please contact me. The thief did not take any of the wiring or sensors just the computer box itself.

Some other items were stolen from the car that were in plain sight so im thinking the person that took it though it was an amp and will realize when they try to go sell it. Im just hoping I can offer a reward for them to return it before they just junk it.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions about the car (non break in related) or post up some pics if you all are interested. I have been a bmw fan for many years and also have a 99 m coupe that is my pride and joy.

Thanks for any help and feel free to comment with recommendations as to where I should call about this computer. Im already on top of ebay and craigslist.

-Dan

Did you file a police report? You need to give them all the serial numbers for the hardware so they can enter them into their database. They will then distribute them to pawn shops in the area. The thieves will not be able to sell the goods to a pawn shop. I would go looking through shops near Wilmington anyway.
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

dude search craigslist adamently for your stolen goods as well, buddy of mine found his GPS like that. sorry to hear about that though, fucking lowlives...
      sigpic

Comment

and pics of the e30 and other BMW's wouldnt hurt either.. :)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
          Did you file a police report? You need to give them all the serial numbers for the hardware so they can enter them into their database. They will then distribute them to pawn shops in the area. The thieves will not be able to sell the goods to a pawn shop. I would go looking through shops near Wilmington anyway.
          I did file a police report in Wilmington and the police dept has the serial number for the tec3. I called around most pawn shops in the area and most of them said that they would not purchase such a specialty item and I asked if the person walked in thinking it was an amp for them to give me a call. I also called and spoke to a rep at electromotive and they have flagged the serial so if anyone contacts a distributor asking for a harness the serial will come up as stolen.

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
          dude search craigslist adamently for your stolen goods as well, buddy of mine found his GPS like that. sorry to hear about that though, fucking lowlives...
          Checking craigslist every day. I will post up some pics here shortly..

Comment

Also, I do not own this car anymore but this is a m42 swap 2002 project I had for a while and sold over the summer.

Comment

^ sweet 2002

Comment

da fuck. nice paint job number 2 :D

Comment

i love that flad OD green. sorry to hear about assholes. good luck :(

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by dkbmxer002 View Post
                    da fuck. nice paint job number 2 :D
                    haha what are the chances, do you have anymore pictures of your I could see?

Comment

Originally posted by s52Mcoupe View Post
                      haha what are the chances, do you have anymore pictures of your I could see?

here are some haha

Comment

Working...
                      X