NC Inspection Station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC Inspection Station?

I have straightpipes...anyone know of a raleigh/chapel thrill area shop that might let me slide for an inspection? PM away.
    sigpic

Man. Last time I needed a sticker in this kind of situation, it was off to the used tire place.
    I bought 2 tires, he stood about 10 feet from the car, looked at it for about 20 seconds, and wrote up the inspection.
    This was in Jacksonville, NC though. Not too much help for you, but I would try to find a used tire place/inspection station.
    Slicktop City!

Comment

when I was on coilovers, I lowered the car enough for it not to fit on the lift. Got passed. These days, I don't even need inspection anymore.

Comment

theres a place in durham who did my inspection. they just did a light check and nothing else, not even sounding my horn or using my wipers. it's at cornwallis and chapel hill rd, next to the bridge and hardees.
        '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
        NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
        Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
          theres a place in durham who did my inspection. they just did a light check and nothing else, not even sounding my horn or using my wipers. it's at cornwallis and chapel hill rd, next to the bridge and hardees.

C'mon guys. Why post this info out on a thread, and risk these shops getting busted?? If you want to share this info, PM it to the guy asking the question.

Comment

come to charlotte around may 24th i didnt kno u were from there! lol
            sigpic
            ^Back in the game^
            BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
            FS thread:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post
              C'mon guys. Why post this info out on a thread, and risk these shops getting busted?? If you want to share this info, PM it to the guy asking the question.
              yes, then quote it to make sure if I edit it's still not gone... get serious bro.

they've done visual inspection on my volvo, so it's really a crap shoot.
              '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
              NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
              Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

I figured most shops wouldn't care about straight pipes since these cars are old...Has anyone ever been flagged for straight pipes and needing cats?
                1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
                1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
                1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
                E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

A) I had said pm for a reason, but oh well. B) got turned down for lack of a muffler, my cats are still in place.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X