Clear All

For $35 I would be doing flips all around the house lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    323i MTEC1
    Z3 coupe
    E60 M5

Comment

i tried, i was just to dehydrated and just fell over. then i just layed there for a while.:mrgreen:

next time i'm bringing some water with me.
      sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, check out this video I took of a noise i'm trying to diagnose. I'm thinking it has to do with timing related components (tensioner) or perhaps a loose pulley (My a/c is squealing at 3k rpm)? Car drives fine other wise. The sound is specifically at 1000 rpm.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

When was the last valve adjustment done?
          DENY IGNORANCE!
          Schwarz 325-totaled
          brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
          don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

About 30k......I really, really need to do it though. I just don't have a feeler gauge, nor have I done it before. As simple as it is, I'm just being lazy. How long does it usually take you?

Comment

Just came across this on another forum:

Yes that is what noise mine was making, this weekend I really started to diagnose the problem, and found that the rattle was coming from the upper drivebelt cover. After I opened up the engine, I found that there was some slack in the belt. This allowed the belt to hit the drivebelt cover. I adjusted the belt and made sure the tensioner wasn't bound up, and the sound went away. The noise was present before the timing belt change because the belt was so old and stretched out, there was a lot of slack. Hopefully this helps anyone else with a similar problem. In my case the noise became very loud around 2000 rpms when the engine speed was slowing down. Because when the engine slows, there wasn't any pull on the timing belt to make it taut.

Perhaps the solution?

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to check. Replaced the tensioner too? I haven't worked on an M20 in 3-4 years so I don't remember all the ins and outs like I do the M42.
                DENY IGNORANCE!
                Schwarz 325-totaled
                brilliantrot 318i-daily

don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

I'm hoping to put a gathering back on the radar such that we can all get together and hopefully I can pull some assistance from you all and have my waterpump/belt/tensioner changed. Might as well do a valve adjustment since we're rotating the crank for the TB job.

Lets see if Bowtie, Scratchy, Old City, and Eddie chime in.
                  Last edited by tsouth; 08-11-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Well I think we can deffinately make a gathering/meet out of it.
                    DENY IGNORANCE!
                    Schwarz 325-totaled
                    brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

i'd be down for a get together.

i used to have "tech days" with my VW friends. we would gather at my house and work on our cars. usually one big job and several smaller ones. we'd cookout and just have a fun productive day all together.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I'll order parts this weekend. Til then, lets get a place and time? Perhaps the weekend after this one? I don't have a garage (Riverside) but I have all tools needed except for a feeler gauge and jackstands. A cookout sounds ideal.

Comment

I have plenty of jack stands and a feeler gauge. I unfortunately live in an apartment so my place is out. Lol
                          DENY IGNORANCE!
                          Schwarz 325-totaled
                          brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

Anyone have a m42 lower oil pan they want to get rid of?

Comment

You can get them for cheap from FCPEURO if you can't get your hands on locally and you're worried about cost. I'm not familiar with the brand but it's there. You could call them and ask about fit if you want.
                              DENY IGNORANCE!
                              Schwarz 325-totaled
                              brilliantrot 318i-daily

Comment

Parts ordered and on their way. Lets get this meet on the road

Comment

Working...
                                X