No announcement yet.

Jacksonville, FL E30 fam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm down. i would imagine somewhere between Tinseltown and mandarin would be the most central. someone throw up some ideas for places to meet.
    sigpic

Comment

What up guys! Iv'e been a lurker on here for awhile, but I just got back into another e30 and I stumbled across this thread! Awesome to see a lot of e30 enthusiast around Jax!

Me and a few buddies made a Facebook page called "jaxbimmers" and it has grown quite a bit recently... I have set up 2 successful meets so far and i'm planning the 3rd for October.

Would love to meet more e30 guys! I go by the alias "King Habibi" on facebook lol

JaxBimmers is a local group of BMW owners & enthusiasts in the Jacksonville, FL area! Note: jaxbimmers.com is not affiliated with this group or it's admins.
      -Adam

Comment

I say we hold out until this meet?

Comment

i can't see the meet info, i don't have a Facebook account. can someone post the specifics on here?
          sigpic

Comment

They haven't concluded when and where. Still in the planning stages, just checked.
            Last edited by tsouth; 09-20-2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Jacksonville, FL E30 fam?

As soon as I get my E30 going I will set up monthly meets for the E30 family in jax. I see there's plenty of people here to get something going. Unfortunately, I'm a Benz member also so I'm alot active there until I finish my M60 swap.
              sigpic
              323i MTEC1
              Z3 coupe
              E60 M5

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Wagon View Post
                i can't see the meet info, i don't have a Facebook account. can someone post the specifics on here?
                I'm another one without a facebook account, so I would appreciate it also if specifics were posted.
                sigpic
                2007 X3
                1992 M Tech Cabrio
                1988 Cabrio - sold
                2001 X5 - sold
                1997 e36 328 - gave to son

Comment

Nothing to post as they are still asking for suggestion on the meet. However from what I see it's mostly all different type of bimmers and not much E30s from the photos I see. I rather start meets exclusive for our car era.
                  sigpic
                  323i MTEC1
                  Z3 coupe
                  E60 M5

Comment

We're still trying to decide where and when. It's nice to change it up everytime and have a nice cruise! I usually make a poll to decide the top 2 ideas, and we go from there. I'll post the specifics for you non facebook users once we have a concrete event!

For those that joined the page feel free to shoot some ideas in the pinned post I made, also check out the 2 albums of the past meets! So cool to see the bimmer scene growing in Jax.
                    -Adam

Comment

Just sent a request on facebook
                      DENY IGNORANCE!
                      Schwarz 325-totaled
                      brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                      don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

I copied this from the facebook post. I have a poll for people to decide the actually date (either oct. 11th or 18th)

"ALRIGHT, so the next cruise/meet is going to off of Heckscher Dr. at a spot that is before the 1st long bridge (heading north from 295), which is directly after Huguenot Memorial Park. Its a nice spot right on the water that is perfect for pics and an awesome place to hang out!

The picture that I used is the spot we will be going to BTW

Google Maps provided address for the spot:
                        11080 Heckscher Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32226

For those who want to cruise there together, (highly encouraged), I think meeting at that Mayo Clinic parking lot on Gate Pkwy. was an excellent spot, and was super easy to hop onto the highway last time, as well as being central for everyone scattered around town!

Mayo Clinic address:
                        7826 Ozark Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32256

Meet time will be a 3pm and rolling out to the spot (about 30min away) at 3:30pm.

We are rotating from Sunday to Saturday for every event to give everyone a fair chance to come out incase they work on either of those days.
                        The two options of the date before I make the official event are:

Saturday, October 11th
                        Saturday, October 18th

I'll be making a separate poll as usual to get the majority vote. (Check pinned post!)

Cheers,

-Adam"
                        -Adam

Comment

@old city bimmer

Theres a bunch of us with e30's, ( & similar era models), but you're right we havnt had that many of them out to the meets. I'm personally going to try to take the e30 to this next meet, but I got some work to do before then! ( clutch master/slave, timing belt, and i have 2 heads that I need to put together and put in with a new headgasket & real cv-axles) hoping i can get it done ontime lol
                          -Adam

Comment

I just joined that group on FB. Please tell me that this group isn't a bunch of complete assholes like Jax car meets, I just cant deal with that level of ignorance in people.

Comment

I'm on there as well...so far so good.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
                              sigpic
                              Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Lol jax car meets was bad. I was in that group for about a week then left. Nothing but drama.

There's a cars and karts meet at autobahn speedway Friday at 6pm. I should be able to make it so if we can get some other E30's going it'd be nice. Lol
                                DENY IGNORANCE!
                                Schwarz 325-totaled
                                brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                                don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Working...
                                X